If your new to dieting read this...

Options
shreddingit
shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
The More Active You Are, the Less Salt Affects Your Body.....

"Now, new research shows there’s something you can do outside of the kitchen to keep sodium low: Exercise!
Scientists at the recent American Heart Association’s Nutrition, Physical Activity and Metabolism/Cardiovascular Disease Epidemiology and Prevention 2011 Scientific Sessions found that the more physically active you are, the less your blood pressure rises in response to a high-salt diet.

Talk about good news for those who work out, and fantastic motivation for those just thinking of starting a workout plan, right?So if you’ve been having a hard time cutting back on the salt shaker, why not try lacing up those sneakers and getting more activity in? And if you’re already active, it’s another way that your health benefits!"

this was in my facebook page...I totally now know why I can have my mcdonalds and not feel all bloated and lazy like before!:laugh:
So if your new to this diet stuff and think you'll never eat french fries again, think again!!!
So lets get sweating!!:drinker:

:noway: know it alls please dont comment!! this is science!!:noway:

Replies

• Tiana405
    Tiana405 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    NICE!
  • ashleighlvschris
    Options
    That makes me feel so much better about going over my sodium the last few days!
  • tvrabel92
    Options
    Hi, I am new to my fitnesspal.com and I looked at your tracker and WOW! It was awesome that you lost 52 lbs and I found it very inspiring and motivational. I am a freshman in college and when I entered college I was 115lbs at 5"3, but sadly have realized due to stress(and poor nutrition) I have gained 15lbs! I really want to be back down to 115lb and I was wondering if you could give me some tips? Thank you so much for your time!
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i don't like fries much but if this will let me eat more chips i am all for it. :wink:
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read later!!!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    :noway: know it alls please dont comment!! this is science!!:noway:

baha love that you added that :o) sometimes people on this forum make me smh :o) thanks for sharing!
  • gidjet11
    gidjet11 Posts: 86
    Options
    Now that's motivational! lol
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Definitely a bonus.
    I was also told that the more water you drink the less your body can retain.
    Don't know how true that is but I always chug a lug, just in case it is true!!
  • shreddingit
    Options
    Hi, I am new to my fitnesspal.com and I looked at your tracker and WOW! It was awesome that you lost 52 lbs and I found it very inspiring and motivational. I am a freshman in college and when I entered college I was 115lbs at 5"3, but sadly have realized due to stress(and poor nutrition) I have gained 15lbs! I really want to be back down to 115lb and I was wondering if you could give me some tips? Thank you so much for your time!
    im guessing you gained because of your nutrition, just get back on the healthy track and you will lose it, you can add some cardio and strength if you want to shape out better.:wink:
  • shreddingit
    Options
    I say after having too much dont drown in water you can retain it...its better to sweat the salt out...
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    This is kind of refreshing since I am always going over my sodium :)
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I say after having too much dont drown in water you can retain it...its better to sweat the salt out...
    I didn't make myself clear. Yes, you're right.
    I was stating another trick I read about water retention. Lol.
  • wilmelenne
    wilmelenne Posts: 113
    Options
    YES!!!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    And the blood pressure also drops. Not a coincidence! That makes so much sense now!
  • sparkle327
    Options
    Great news because I love, love, love....one more time LOVE fries!!!!
  • Noz7
    Noz7 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I don't know much about sodium... what's the problem with it?
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Great post --

I have just started working out and have found myself craving salt more than ever (I used to avoid it before).
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that when I am higher on my sodium now it does not have the same effect it used to. Not going to go crazy with sodium but definitely an added bonus :)
  • lilmommy
    lilmommy Posts: 84
    Options
    Thanks for the post!!