healthy restaurants

Options
Hey! I am looking for healthy restaurants to go out to eat. I LOVE Applebees and Panera but I would like some more ideas. I have tried looking but I then get hungry. lol. Just wondering if you guys have good restaurants (unfortunately it would have to be chains since I live in GA?

Thanks!

Replies

• foleykm22
    foleykm22 Posts: 32
    Options
    Seasons 52 is a great healthy restaurant. Its all seasonal food to the location.

Im going to Fridays tonight with a girlfriend! Hoping that I dont mess up!
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    Not sure where in GA you are, but there are two Mimi's Cafe's (one in Atlanta and one in Buford). They have a great healthy menu.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Anyone that post their nutrition online like Jack Astors, Milestones, Kelsey’s and Swiss Chalet.
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    taco bell has the fresca soft tacos and they are delish
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    We dont have Seasons 52 restaurant here..but let me know how Fridays is
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I live in GA as well. Seasons 52 is good, F2O (Fresh 2 Order, there are several around the Atlanta area) and Boneheads Piri Piri (also local to the Southeast). I try and eat at local places (since chain restaurants tend to be bad for you and have super high sodium counts). You can always find healthy options at sushi restaurants as well! Hope this helps.
  • stinawoods
    Options
    local organic restruants are always good and if you are feeling really healthy try googling body ecology restraunts in your area they are aweomse, there is a really good one in Atlanta calld R.J. Thomas
  • alexj8403
    alexj8403 Posts: 38
    Options
    Do you have Noodles & Co.? Also, privately owned coffee shops often have extremely healthy, delicious, and unique meals (and it's a fun place to hang out if they sell books, magazines, etc.).
  • waverly9876
    Options
    Thanks guys!!!
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Macaroni Grill has some healthy choices, and they post the calories right on the menu. Red lobster has some healthy choices as well. I would say check out online nutrition menus before you go out and make good choices just about anywhere.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I have fallen in love with the salad bar at Ruby Tuesday's. It is so fresh all the time and the selection of stuff is great! Four different kinds of greens instead of the usual iceberg lettuce. I usually get the salad bar and a cup of white bean chicken chili. Yummo!
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    Seasons 52 is a great healthy restaurant. Its all seasonal food to the location.

Im going to Fridays tonight with a girlfriend! Hoping that I dont mess up!

That place looks divine...what is the price range for lunch and dinner?
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i find that big chains arent usually healthy..or dont offer TRUELY healthy options..perhaps trying a few home grown local places.

i am lucky to live in an area that is ripe with local type places. most use local ingredients too. of course i am in hippy heaven, but i love it!
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Although not a restaurant, Whole foods is actually the place that I go “out to eat”. They have a small grill section for made to order food, but its’ the premade food island/deli that I love. The one by my house usually has chicken piccata, sweet potato crunch, homemade soups, a huge salad bar, pork loin, and so much more. Everything is either organic, no hormones added or free range etc. It is definitely a great place to pick up some specialty meats and other goodies that you can’t find at your local Safeway/Kroger/HEB etc.

If we have a very special occasion that truly merits going out to dinner, the place I love the most if Chama Guacha's, a Brazilian steak house. Brazilian steakhouses are known for their great cuts of meats, beef, pork lamb chicken, and for one price you can try them all and have as much as you like. Atkins paradise! Chama's is the same as Fogo De Chaos or Dojo Brazil etc. Just google Brazilian steakhouse
  • redsmoke
    redsmoke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of Extreme Pita, but it is more of a fast food chain. They have their nutritional information clearly displayed and you have to work hard to go wrong with their menu.
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Middle Eastern restaurants have a great selection of healthy foods that taste really good (ie., chicken schwarma, hummus, etc...mmmm).
    I live in Southeast MI and there is a large population of middle eastern people so there are tons of great places nearby.
    Hopefully, there are some close to you.
  • waverly9876
    Options
    Thank you all for your ideas. I will def have to try Whole Foods and a few other places.
  • chrisc31
    chrisc31 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Middle Eastern restaurants have a great selection of healthy foods that taste really good (ie., chicken schwarma, hummus, etc...mmmm).
    I live in Southeast MI and there is a large population of middle eastern people so there are tons of great places nearby.
    Hopefully, there are some close to you.

I love the Arabic restaurants in Dearborn!