Long distance relationship?

Options

Replies

• JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    *gets out popcorn* curious what happens next here...

That is a terrible thing to say, this is two peoples lives. MFP ought to lock it out! I pray for both of them! :explode:

mmmk. >.>
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options

That is a terrible thing to say, this is two peoples lives. MFP ought to lock it out! I pray for both of them! :explode:

No offense, but they're putting it out there for us to see.

Exactly....You don't want your business out there to be judged....don't put it up there....they could have deleted it.....
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    Hmmmm...
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Only had two long distance relationships. 1974. Rhonda and Karen. I was in Okinawa. They met one another. Then I had no long distance relationships. Oooopsy.

Older and wiser...right?

I wish. They lived in different towns, but ended up attending the same church. Neither one said anything in their letters to me after they met. I got back from Okinawa on a Thursday. Picked up Rhonda Friday night. Had our date, went back to her place where she revealed my secret to me. Told me I had to pick. So, I told her I had a date with Karen Saturday night and that I would end it with Karen. Saturday was awkward cuz it was a double date, but I ended it.

Funny thing is, I met my 1st wife a week later and ended it with Rhonda too. Karen and Rhonda were both very nice girls and deserved better, but, I was 20 and stupid.

Rhonda is now a Psychiatrist and lives about 180 miles away. Don't know what happened to Karen.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options

No it was something awful, which just happened to come out on the net. You should put yourself in their shoes. I would want to be left alone.
  • johnny51981
    Options
    If you can't judge complete strangers on the internet...who can you judge?
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options

:laugh: Right???
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    My husband has been in Iraq for 18 months. He comes home in 2 1/2 weeks, so needless to say, I am in BOOTCAMP mode! I lost about 35 lbs last year but have had some major health issues and gained most of it back in the process. Can't wait for him to be home for good, though!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Only had two long distance relationships. 1974. Rhonda and Karen. I was in Okinawa. They met one another. Then I had no long distance relationships. Oooopsy.

Older and wiser...right?

I wish. They lived in different towns, but ended up attending the same church. Neither one said anything in their letters to me after they met. I got back from Okinawa on a Thursday. Picked up Rhonda Friday night. Had our date, went back to her place where she revealed my secret to me. Told me I had to pick. So, I told her I had a date with Karen Saturday night and that I would end it with Karen. Saturday was awkward cuz it was a double date, but I ended it.

Funny thing is, I met my 1st wife a week later and ended it with Rhonda too. Karen and Rhonda were both very nice girls and deserved better, but, I was 20 and stupid.

Rhonda is now a Psychiatrist and lives about 180 miles away. Don't know what happened to Karen.

:embarassed: Sorry I laughed earlier, I thought you were making a joke.

20 is young, don't be too hard on yourself. Sounds like you handled it maturely. A real scum would have tried to "fix" the situation to where he could still see both gals. :flowerforyou:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

No it was something awful, which just happened to come out on the net. You should put yourself in their shoes. I would want to be left alone.

They left (hopefully to handle this privately as they should have probably done in the beginning) there is no need to "lock" a thread where someone had a legitimate question and started a conversation. The OP had nothing to do with the 3 people involved and conversation is moving along again. :flowerforyou:
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    My ex is in a long distance relationship. That's one reason she is an ex now. She was more into her long distance internet relationships, than her real one. I'm in a much better relationship now. I'm glad she did it.
  • HalfofHilary
    Options

Peter Richard Johnson agrees!!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options

Really? Really??

*Checks TV Guide for the next episode of Cheaters.

I think God put them here for our entertainment and Scott's life lesson...

Lighten up already...
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Uhhh...what the hell. Scandelous indeed!! Hope the ladies get the answers they will need!
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to sigh and blame this all on men. :D<3
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    My husband has been in Iraq for 18 months. He comes home in 2 1/2 weeks, so needless to say, I am in BOOTCAMP mode! I lost about 35 lbs last year but have had some major health issues and gained most of it back in the process. Can't wait for him to be home for good, though!
    Yay for Soilders Coming Home!!! Congratulations and Thanks To BOTH of you! :heart:
  • campoje
    campoje Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in a long distance relationship, too. Last time I saw my boyfriend, a year ago (he also lives in Africa), I was about 15 pounds thinner. I'm visiting him in June, so my motivation level to lose the weight has definitely gone up. I know it won't matter to him, either way, but it would be nice nevertheless for my own psyche to lose some of that weight!

Good luck with your weight loss!
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    Superman already deactivated his account BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    Yay for Soilders Coming Home!!! Congratulations and Thanks To BOTH of you! :heart:

Thanks for your support! It has been the hardest/worst 18 months of my life. But God made me so much stronger through this. Just ready for no more good byes.