foods that keep you full

Options
hey this is a questions for us women really, sorry guys. Anyway is that dreaded time of the month and i find mself feeing sooooo hungry the first few days, i am also working very early mornings the next few days which also seem to make me hungrier? Does any1 know any certain foods that will keep you fuller for longer are are healthy xx?

Replies

• jillMoose
    jillMoose Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    in the morning i like a slice of toast with peanut butter... or original oatmeal. i like a string cheese for a mid morning snack
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Avacado will keep you full and is very good for you. Just don't eat a ton, I think half of one is a recomended serving. I use it instead of mayo on sandwhiches. It's great with a honey wheat sandwhich thin, some turkey, tomato and onion. It's also good if you toast a sandwhich thin, put a layer of avacado on each half top with tomato and onion and a little pepper. It tastes kind of like chips and guacamole.

I have been eating graham crackers too. They keep me full. I have my TOM also and am just getting out of the eat everything I see phase. Popcorn is good also with very few calories. Hope that helps!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'm a strange bird and don't get the munchies during that time, nor do I when I have some alcohol.

I do have a pretty great appetite when it's not that time though because of all the working out I do. I get a lot of fiber each day and also drink 12-16 cups of water to not only keep it going but to flush me out and keep me full.

I eat things high in fiber and that actually have some substance, for breakfast/lunch I have a peanut butter banana sandwich on two pieces of All Natural Whole Wheat Double Fiber bread. Paired with a glass of milk and that keeps me going until my next meal which is usually 2-3 hours after. That also helps, eating often. I generally am eating all day to get my calories in so I'm never really that hungry because I don't get to that point.
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats are a great food for making you feel fuller, longer (plus they are sooo yummy). Check out my recipe for slow cooker Apple Pie Breakfast using steel cut oats:

http://jdelisle42.blogspot.com/2011/01/apple-pie-breakfast.html