6 week PUSH YOURSELF challenge

Options

Replies

• wendyleffingwell
    Options
    Looking forward to the challenge - and the results!
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    im still in i think. lol the hardest part for me is the water although today i have had 6 cups and its 4pm thats very good for me
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    @ Nano, I do not know about the Jillian Michaels vidoeos as I have not done them. Maybe someone else reading here can answer that question. But, cardio would be anything that consistently keeps your heart rate above 110 BPM's. For instance, a light walk around the neighborhood would not be cardio. You can do it for your other 230 minutes, but not as cardio. So, if those videos have you moving your booty and your heart rate is consistently up there you are doing cardio. I do know that Jillian does have a lot of strength training things. I have the Kinect and she has a section on the Biggest Loser game that is all strenghth. Some yoga and some pilates would be strength or anything that has you working a muscle group but your heart rate is not beating like crazy.

Hope that helps some but I can's answer specifically about the videos. Take a look at them ahead of time and see what they consist of.
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I am in, just what I need to keep me motivated, love a challenge:)
  • JustForMe27
    Options
    I'm totally in Tracie! What an excellent time for this! I have really been struggling with logging in everyday so maybe this will help!
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    Im in. Doing a mix of P90x and turbo jam. still working on getting the full amount of water everyday. but getting better at it .
  • Heatherp71
    Options
    I'm in....sounds great!!
  • rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am IN!!!
  • Kforest0714
    Kforest0714 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    I forgot to put in how it is we will check in! I will post a new thread each week! On Monday it will be PUSH YOURSELF challenge, week 1. So make sure you keep on the loom out for it.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I'll have to think about this, but I'm pretty sure I'll still be IN. I'll be finishing up with my 90day on Friday, and I've got three others going too. I'm going to look at all my workouts and see how I'm doing with everything and make absolutely sure I can fit this in. I love everyone's enthusiasm, though! :)

I AM STILL IN FOR THIS CHALLENGE!! Can't wait til Monday to get started. :)
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    There's no weigh-ins, right? I think I read somewhere that there wasn't. That is such a relief! I will have 3 weigh-in days by the time this starts, instead of 4. I'm glad. I like to know what I weigh, of course, since I'm quite focused on getting that number back down. But it is going to be awesome to just focus on strength and cardio in this challenge. I usually do get in 8 glasses every day, but I do have bad days. Can't wait till Monday! :)
  • Mstoripier
    Mstoripier Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I am looking forward to the challenge and motivation.
  • jeanaustin
    jeanaustin Posts: 101
    Options
    I'm in too! This sounds great!
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    NO WEIGH IN's! I am on sabbatical from the scale, for now, and so are a couple of other people from my friends list! This is not about our weight this is about moving our bodies, getting a good amount of cardio, getting in strength training, drinking water, and motivation.
  • BRFMcKay
    BRFMcKay Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Totally in! I just joined and need the help!
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    This is going to be an awesome challenge everyone! We have a lot of people that want to be a part of this!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Hey Tracie -- you KNOW Im in girl!
    I do sooo much better when I am held accountable to higher power (the love of MFPers).
    This challenge actually ends on the day of my race... :)
    I am currently doing a hybrid of P90x and half marathon training!

To the person who asked about the Jillian Michels videos--- 30DS would be considered strength ... and I am not familiar with the other one unfortunately.

Good luck to everyone - on day 1 we should post a bit about ourselves!
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Yay Em, I was wondering why you hadn't answered yet but I just saw your post about leaving work so late!

Fabulous idea about posting something about yourself! It would be nice to know a little bit about those we are motivating with!

This will lead you right up to the race, that's awesome! I am really getting excited about this.
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I am TOTALLY in! I've just started back on here trying to get some additional motivation and this is fantastic! I bought Wii Zumba today and the beginner class kicked my bum! Glad to find a group to "work" with!