Can I do this? 8 weeks, 20 Pounds?

Options
So, I have plans exactly 8 weeks from tomorrow. What are my chances in losing 20 pounds in 8 weeks? What can I do to improve my chances of losing the most weight if I can't lose the 20? (other than healthy eating which I have been working on). I work out once a day, 5 days a week. I do cardio appx. 30-60 min a day (I am pushing myself to do a whole 60 mins of cardio). I've been trying to do the 30DS but I haven't been able to work it into my routine.

Thank You all for you help! It really means a lot ! :smile:

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Not saying it can't be done but that is an aggressive goal. You will have to eat extremely clean and workout hard.
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    The last 10-20 lbs are the hardest to lose. Drink plenty of water and increase your workout intensity. Don't try losing more than 1-2 lbs a week without doctor supervision. Besides, setting more realistic goals are going to be much more fulfilling, b/c they are easier to reach and exceed. :flowerforyou:
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    lots of water (over 8cups a day) with no coffee or soda (Even diet)--coffee depletes water in ur system, and diet pop does the same while also adding sodium and additional chemicals that make it difficult to lose.

when u work out drink even more water.

watch sodium levels..

more potassium than sodium.
  • cocodp
    cocodp Posts: 164
    Options
    it can be done as long as you eat clean...i just saw an episode of "eat yourself sexy" and with the help of a nutritionist this woman lost 20 lbs in 8 weeks. the stuff she mostly ate were veggies and fruits. lots of water was key too.

good luck with it!
  • Juicyyy
    Juicyyy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Change up your cardio!!! I have lost 21 lbs since the end of January doing cardio and watching my calories alone. My key has been to do 90 minutes of cardio a day and I shoot for 6 days a week, and if I only get in an hour on that 6th day that is fine too. I never do the same routine 2 days in a row, and I also only do interval training on the treadmill, ie...Sprint 2 minutes, walk 2 minutes inclined rotating. I def think its possible but it does take commitment. I try to stay within a 100 cal under my daily limit and I don't eat excersize calories regularly. I do at times though to trick my body. Good Luck!
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    The only time I lost that amount of weight so quickly was in military basic training. Taking your weight and schedule into consideration, if you stay in your calories and work out between 20 and 45 minutes a day you may average a pound to a pound and a half per week.. Our current and goal weights are pretty much identical. I'm doing the 30 day shred right now and I think I'll be losing inches rather than pounds, at least that's what people say. I'm not sure, since I'm only on day 5. Either way, to lose 20 pounds in 8 weeks when you only weigh 163, you'd have to have an extremely vigorous work out routine, drink tons of water, and eat less than 1200 calories a day.. which isn't healthy or realistic. 8 pounds is a lot though! Who knows, maybe you'll even lose a little more than that. But 20 seems like a bit much given the time period with your weight. I'm no expert, but maybe someone much heavier could get those numbers easily, but since I'm the same weight as you I don't really see that as a possibility. Just an opinion. Best of luck to you :)
  • CrystalRules
    CrystalRules Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Slim Quick makes a pill that you take as a 7 day cleansing cycle. It's supposed to clean you out, get rid of toxins, jumpstart your diet, blah, blah, blah. Basically, you will poo a lot and it gets rid of all the build up, but without the scary hose. I read somewhere that most people have POUNDS of poo inside of them. This kind of gets it all out over the course of a few days and you really do feel a lot better. You lose a few pounds, too, so score! It's supposed to be used as a one week product, not something you take continuously. They have diet tips on the box and even healthy cleansing meal suggestions. Sorry this was kind of gross, but it really does work.
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Do HIIT trainig look it up on google it really has helped me =)
  • Jackie0127
    Jackie0127 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    WOW Guys thank you so much!!!

I am going to work as hard as I can ... I pushed myself to a total of 65 min on the elleptical. I worked out my arms and back for a total of appx. 15 min. But, I won't exhaust myself in trying. As much as I would love to lose half of my goal, it's probably true, it's not a realistic goal, but toning myself while trying to lose the most weight would probably show in 8 weeks and make myself look good. I am hopeful ... maybe I can do those 2 pounds a week.

I might want to also try those cleansings pills. Just because I am NOT regular (I know gross!! :embarassed: ) but, it's worth a shot to help my system lose those toxins, and add an extra bonus pound or two off of my scale.

I've got nothing to lose by trying!
  • snoopy1107
    snoopy1107 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i pretty much have the same goal :) so I sure hope its do-able cause im with ya.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Ive done it! lol Water, Fresh Fruit, Water, Fresh Veggies, Water, minimal salad dressing or "extras", Water, Lean proteins, Water. Lol see a trend here?

Be careful with the detox, if you are eating primarily fresh fruits & veggies it will celan out your system naturally
  • Jackie0127
    Jackie0127 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

Be careful with the detox, if you are eating primarily fresh fruits & veggies it will celan out your system naturally

Really?? Maybe I should give that a try ... the fresh fruits and veggies ... which one do YOU (everyone is different so, I'd like to know everyones input) would you chose for fruits and vegetables.

And Got it ... Lots of H2O!! I just have to stop being intimmidated by that water LOL