I'M STUCK!

Options
For the last 2 months I've been loosing weight quite regularly, about 8 kg in total, but from 2 weeks ago till now, I haven't lost a gram. Why can this be? I'm eating almost the same, and exercising the same... I don't understand...

Replies

• DarthBubbles
    Options
    Bump
  • madmand0802
    madmand0802 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    me too
  • sweetsunlover
    Options
    beacause your bodys got used to what u've been eating and exersising so you need to up the exersise and vairy your diet as much as you can gd luck
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Several things can be happening. One is building muscle the other and most likely is losing inches without losing pounds.

Make sure you are getting enough liquids, 64oz per day and enough protein and have patience our bodies go through changes and stall now and again!

Be strong and Patient, it will happen, just stay on track! We believe in you!
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    Happened to me also!! Changed up my diet and upped my exercise and back to losing weight again. Good luck!!
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Your body becomes efficient if it gets the same intake and the same exercise over and over again. Just changing to a different exercise (or adding another) should make a difference.

Plateaus are normal, though. I plateaued for three weeks. You just have to suffer through them.

Good luck!
  • momma_roo
    momma_roo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I would increase the exercise. I have already had to add difficulty to my routine. If you aren't sweating and feeling the burn find a way to work out harder. For example I started out walking a mile in my neighborhood, then I added two hills and about another mile and a half. Now I am doing a mile and a half, but jogging it :) Change it up and you may see results.
  • AndreaWyland
    AndreaWyland Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Your body plateaus and its so normal! It may be that your doing the same thing that is keeping you stuck. When that happened to me it happened for MUCH longer than a couple weeks. I changed several things, I upped my workouts (cardio, and strength, and length of time I do them as well as pds I was lifting/pressing/squatting) doing something 6 days a wk and I changed my diet by eating cleaner, less fat, more protein and a good amount of healthy(whole wheat whole grain) carbs or at least thats my goal:) I hope that helps, stick with it though! Dont give up! Also, your body is changing, turning muscle into fat, its important to not get hung up on the number on the scale but also to check out the way you feel, the way your clothing feels, etc. Totally preaching to myself too:) I started a new thing for the 1st of every month Im going to do measurements along with my weight. I measure my waist, hips, neck, thighs, chest.
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    take a good hard look at your foods etc. are you eating a lot of artificial stuff? are your nutrients balanced? get enough protein, carbs, fat etc? are you eating enough? has your exercise changed? do you get enough sleep?

then... after you ponder all of that....

maybe your body is taking a break?
  • morenata
    morenata Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    than u all!!
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I would increase the exercise. I have already had to add difficulty to my routine. If you aren't sweating and feeling the burn find a way to work out harder. For example I started out walking a mile in my neighborhood, then I added two hills and about another mile and a half. Now I am doing a mile and a half, but jogging it :) Change it up and you may see results.

IMO it's not necessarily about increasing the exercise but more about increasing the intensity of what you doo. Try adding in some interval training, always seems to do the job.

Check out http://www.intervaltraining.net/