Trying to lose for my wedding!

Options
Hello everybody! I am a 24 year old female trying to lose 17 lbs before my wedding in September. I am 5' tall and currently 127 lbs and haven't eaten anything fatty or sweet for 14 days now!!!!!! I am a big fatty sweet foods fan so some days are really hard for me! I heard about this website and I'm hoping it will help me to stay on track with my weight loss goals :)

Replies

• TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I think that as long as you follow the calorie goals, you should easily get to your goal weight. It's great here for motivation, support and advice.

As to the fatty and sweet foods. I've lost 5 lbs in about a week and a half and I've just cut down my portion sizes. I don't deny myself foods, but I do check my remaining daily calories before I decide to eat anything. At the same time, I've never felt more motivated or energised than I do now that I'm using the site.
  • merfrances
    merfrances Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 8 pounds before my wedding in May - 8 more pounds that is - I've already lost 8! I love this program, it is so helpful!
  • cbratthauer
    cbratthauer Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I have decided to work towards something. For example, on Sunday me and some girlfriends are going to the Cheesecake Factory. I have told myself if I can not eat sweets or fatty foods until then, I can have a piece of delicious cheesecake!It has really helped me to not eat junk food. My biggest problem is I'm such a picky eater and it is hard for me because I feel as if I am eating the same things over and over again. I have a personal trainer at the gym I go to and he helps keep me motivated as well!
  • Colie912
    Colie912 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Your at the right place!! I've been on the site for about a week and a half and have lost 3 lbs so far!! It really makes you realize how many calories are in everything you eat!! I'm sure you will no problem losing what you want! Congrats on getting married too! :)
  • cbratthauer
    cbratthauer Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Congratulations merfrances! Good luck on your goals!
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Just my two cents.....
    This place has been fabulous for me, it really woke me up to all the little things I have been doing that brought me to where I am today and how to get back to where I want to be.
    I'm so glad I found it...
    I'm certain that if you follow the plans you will be to your goal in no time.

I am sure also that once you get started you will decide that this is not just a way to get to your goal, but a lifestyle change you will want to adopt forever....

Congratulations on your wedding to come!!!