Emotional Eating (Re-Post)

Options
OK new friends. This is where the rubber hits the road. I am dealing with an ugly situation with my husband's former spouse and our children from that marriage and the courts. I am so upset I want to eat b/c of the pit in my stomach. That was the old me...I have to fight it. Help...

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    no come on, dont give in u willl feel better 4 it, just grab 4 the water :smile:
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I know this will sound soooo incredibly trivial.... but keep telling yourself that you're gonna look a zillion times better than his former spouse :wink: lol I know it's a hard situation. Remind yourself, when you're thinking about how much stress your under, to get up and move! Even if it's just a walk around the block.... GL
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Instead of eating try to get preoccupied with something else. As a mom there is always something else to do
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    take up boxing...imagine its her head and box away!!! You'll soon loose inches!! :))
  • sunrizes
    sunrizes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks, you guys! I think I will get up and move, even though work is still pressing. I can't focus anyway. As far as looking better than the former spouse, I will keep that in mind. I already look much better than her weight wise, but looking a zillion times better than her would really be satisfying--not to mention for my former spouse and his wife who is 16 years younger than he is...lol
  • Linda4859
    Linda4859 Posts: 78
    Options
    Dont grab food grab exercise no matter what type, walking situps anything that will get you past that craving. You will WIN through, dont let others destroy your dream. xx

Please feel free to add me as a friend.x
  • Balishdear
    Options
    I am an emotional eater too. I don't understand the people that starve themselves or have no appetite when upset, I could never do that, otherwise I would probably be at my weight loss goal. My husband has a former long term girlfriend in which he has two children with. We have a son together, so those two are my step children. We're always duking it out in court, and everytime I have tagged along to the court, I'm on verge of a panic attack just walking into that court building. Get this... my husband was arrested two times while unemployed because he couldn't pay his support and was not eligible for unemployment money. That equaled way too much stress. I like the comment from the other user to just remember you will look 10 times better than her!!!
  • kjtrimmer
    kjtrimmer Posts: 14
    Options
    I have been there so many times in your exact situation. What helps for me is to hit the pavement - go for a bike ride, walk. Anything! I also grab the phone and have a nice hearty b*tch session with my best friend.
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I have been there so many times in your exact situation. What helps for me is to hit the pavement - go for a bike ride, walk. Anything! I also grab the phone and have a nice hearty b*tch session with my best friend.

ace idea! haha!! :))
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Maybe not the same things but the same behaviours toward stresses and at least as much....

If you feel the need to eat something grab for the veggie sticks?

I know when I get there I try the excercise, distracting myself and all the other options, but I still travel back to the fridge. If I have a better choice of snack then I know its better than eating the bad stuff!!
  • Rinny_D
    Rinny_D Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    The best way you can feel great is to look great and feel great from all your healthy habits. Ditch the crap- don't buy it. drink a heap of water, take a drink every time you want to eat. Take something small to eat with you where you go so you don't feel you need to buy anything else. Decrease portion sizes.

I am really not saying anything you don't know. A friend on here said something to me a while ago, and has suck with me. You know the old Nike saying of "Just Do It" well Just Do It! There's nothing else to it.

Don't feel like going for a run "just do it"
    You want t stop making excuses for yourself "Just Do IT"
    Umming and arrrring about going to your workout/gym class, stop and "Just Do It"

No more excuses. LIfe is hard for everyone! I have 10 things I could name that are pulling me down, and my son and his dad is certainly one of them, I have done the court thing! I have no car, dealing with the insurance company, trying to take the other driver to court, I have no money, I am at Uni full time + I have to have my own clients, work part time, single parenthood. But I still workout everyday (even for just 5 mins) and generally eat healthily every day.

Don't beat your self up about 1 day or 1 week. BUT make that bad day or bad week a minority by making most other days and weeks Good weeks!!!!!

Good luck. Chin up. No more excuses. JUST DO IT! :D
  • fitkitty1
    fitkitty1 Posts: 56
    Options
    Inhale... Exhale... and go for a walk! Burn off all that steam and feel better about getting active all at the same time. If its nice outside take the kids and a pet... or for alone for that important one on one time we all need!
  • pretty_fit
    Options
    drink tea and take a breath of fresh air outside and get some exercise. Write down a list of your goals of what you would like to do once you hit your goal weight and keep looking at it to remind yourself why you are losing weight. :)
  • sunrizes
    sunrizes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the wonderful support. I did get on the treadmill and I am calmer. I am going to remember the success this time because these battles have been going on for 4 years and there is no end in sight. I have proven to myself (with all of your help) that I don't need to use food to make it through. Thank you more for all being so supportive without allowing me excuses. Hugs to you all!