Tips for morning workouts

Options
Hello!
I am a busy mother of two and find that after work is too busy with basketball & baseball practices, and nightly kid routines for my excercise routine. Can you give me some tips or motivation for getting up EARLY & working out?

i am so NOT a morning person! :(

Replies

• jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm so interested to see results, because I'm not a morning person either and have been thinking about getting my workouts in the morning sometimes.
  • HoneymoonSlimDown
    Options
    Have you guys tried any of those Workout DVDs? I just ordered some from amazon. They were some of the ones made by Jillian Michaels. "Front side for Beginners" , "Backside for beginners", and "6 Week 6 Pack"... they haven't come in yet so I can't say if they are worth it or not... but just a suggestion.
  • CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    Options
    My motivation is getting it over with! I feel so good when I'm not spending all day dreading or avoiding it!
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I was also NOT a morning early riser BUT I finally stopped making excuses for myself and just did it. It was the hardest week of my life. I started by going to bed earlier by 30 minutes and waking up 30 minutes earlier and then another 30 minutes the following week. This made my internal clock adjust. I started the morning workouts the 3rd week and it's been awesome. Getting my workout out of the way is AWESOME because I feel better throughout the day.

Good luck on your endeavor.
  • amielcampbell
    amielcampbell Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone these are AWESOME tips! I have gotten off track lately and i am needing lots of motiviation to get back into my routine & this really is helping!
  • carcar03
    carcar03 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Set your alarm and go! You'll feel great and really energized throughout the day and you'll be very happy to have your workout over and done with. Also, I find that I make healthier food choices during the day because I don't want to ruin the efforts that I put in during my workout.