sugar free snacks

Options
Hey guys.. what are some suggestions for filling sugar free snacks? Everything just seems to have sugar in it and I dont want to go over the allotted sugar grams. I work in a drug store and there's always candy around.. Snickers are my favorite and its reallllyy hard to resist the urge sometimes. Like today for example. Lol

Replies

• LDRAE
    LDRAE Posts: 8
    Options
    I like Jello sugar free pudding. They only have 60 calories in them and sometimes I eat two - but they are good when I want chocolate or something sweet. They have all types of flavors like double chocolate and chocolate and vanilla swirl.
  • nbauwens
    nbauwens Posts: 14
    Options
    I keep the 5 calorie jello juicy snack cups readily available
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    Nuts, string cheese, sugar free jello or pudding with sugar free cool whip, :smile:
  • cocochanellej
    Options
    I wouldn't go with too many sugar free snacks because we aren't sure what all the side effects are of sugar free foods. Once you take sugar out of your diet the cravings will subside. Replace desserts with fruit. Look at the sugar content in your other foods such as ketchup and other foods to see where you might be keeping sugar in your diet because those might make it hard to ever kick the habit. Good luck!!:smile:
  • natalierod
    Options
    I love snickers too... Try Russel Stover they have sugar free choc... Try the choc and carmel ones they are really good...:smile:
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I don't know about chocolaty kinds, but I really like to make sugar free jello (5 calories for 1/2 cup) and eat it with some sugar free fruit cups (45 calories). It's pretty nice, even with some fat free whip cream every once in awhile! You can put it all in a tupperware and take it to work if you wanted!
  • laneyb356
    laneyb356 Posts: 25
    Options
    Costco has these Kirkland Cashew & Pistachio nut squares. It is in the list. Very low in sugar but a little higher in fat with the nuts but is filling. Be careful with sugar free choc. candies. If it contains sugar alcohols & you have too much it can have a very bad affect on the insides. Read the fine print.
  • aprilje1
    aprilje1 Posts: 2
    Options
    i usually eat apple slice omg they are soooooo good especially if you just want something simple
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i would really aim to getting more fruit in there since your body will have a better need/benefit from them because its all natural vs eating something that is processed..but if for whatever reason you have a moment that you cant resist i would reccomend sugar free pudding...chocolate or rice..those are my favorites!
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Make your own low sugar snack: 1/4 cup of oatmeal, tbsp of natural PB, 1/4 cup Kashi Go lean, tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder and some stevia :) Add a little water to mix it all up - very yummy!!
  • michaelduke31
    michaelduke31 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    if i need a little bit of a snack, i love the individual Jell-O snacks. pretty good for a sugar free snack
  • rminenno
    rminenno Posts: 5
    Options
    I like NuGo (Nutrition to Go) Low glycemic bars. You can find them at Costco and they have a chocolate flavor. I also love Strawberries dipped in Low Fat Ricotta cheese.
  • coderchris
    coderchris Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sugar free fudge-sicles are my favorite.
  • weightlossmelody
    Options
    I like to get the sugar free chocolate bars(like Hershey's) and then put it together with natural peanut butter. It's a great snack and it puts Reese's peanutbutter cups to shame. There are 3 bars to a serving of chocolate bars, but two with the PB is plenty for me.