MMMM...more pumpkin...

Options
ErinRNinMaine
ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
I found this recipe and adapted to my liking a little. Very satisfying and perfect for fall!

Pumpkin Oatmeal

2 cups old-fashioned oats
3 cups Almond Breeze original or vanilla
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 packed cup raisins
1/4 teas. pumpkin pie spice
1/8 teas. cinnamon

Bring milk to a boil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Add oatmeal and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in remaining ingredients and cook until heated through. Sweeten with brown sugar, honey, molasses, or your favorite sweetener.

Replies

• ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    I found this recipe and adapted to my liking a little. Very satisfying and perfect for fall!

Pumpkin Oatmeal

2 cups old-fashioned oats
    3 cups Almond Breeze original or vanilla
    1/2 cup canned pumpkin
    1/4 packed cup raisins
    1/4 teas. pumpkin pie spice
    1/8 teas. cinnamon

Bring milk to a boil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Add oatmeal and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in remaining ingredients and cook until heated through. Sweeten with brown sugar, honey, molasses, or your favorite sweetener.
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    sweet thanks!

I am wating for IHOP to get the damn pumpkin pancakes in already.. yes i am WAY too lazy to make them myself and that is my splurge I am anxiously waiting for...
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    sweet thanks!

I am wating for IHOP to get the damn pumpkin pancakes in already.. yes i am WAY too lazy to make them myself and that is my splurge I am anxiously waiting for...

Oh, I had THE most amazing pumpkin pancakes at a local truckstop here where I live. They served them with a pumpkin cinnamon butter with the syrup.....sooooooo good!!
  • Mufasa0331
    Options
    sweet thanks!

Oh, I had THE most amazing pumpkin pancakes at a local truckstop here where I live. They served them with a pumpkin cinnamon butter with the syrup.....sooooooo good!!

i AM SOOO FREAKING JEALOUS!! :grumble:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    sweet thanks!

Oh lord....that sounds DIVINE!:tongue:
  • alidangeli
    Options
    How many calories are in this? Where do you get almond breeze?
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options

Dunno about the calories, but you should be able to get almond breeze in the organic section of your supermarket, or with soy milk. Its almond milk.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options

Dunno about the calories, but you should be able to get almond breeze in the organic section of your supermarket, or with soy milk. Its almond milk.

I put in here in the database under Barker Pumpkin Oatmeal. It's around 230 or so. And yes, I believe you can find the Almond Breeze in the organic section. I've never seen it near the regular and soy milks. What I like about it is that it only has 60 calories per 8 oz. which is less than even light soy or skim milk. Regular milk and I don't agree so that's why I use the almond. But you could use skim and just adjust the calories.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    sweet thanks!

I haven't even dared look at those calories but YUUUUMMMMYYYY! It will be worth it!
  • DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    i am so glad to have found almond milk! milk doesn't like me either, and it just continues to get worse (lactaid doesn't work for me anymore).. and it actually tastes decent. I could never get used to the taste of soy..

but yes.. the organic section has it. I have never seen it in the regular grocery section where rice milk and soy are found either.

and i am going to make this tonight. i'm cold and hungry and i have just enough calories left :)
  • DeannaK
    Options
    just made this!!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    just made this!!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you liked it! Isn't it just yummers??? Now that the cold weather has hit, I think it's going to be a regular breakfast in this house!
  • DeannaK
    Options
    i loved it, erin.. and surprisingly, my husband liked it too (for dessert, even). a great way to warm up, that's for sure! :)
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options
    We just left california last weekend and IHOP had pumpkin pancakes on the menu. :bigsmile:

Drive safely. :laugh:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I love pumpkin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Mufasa0331
    Options
    We just left california last weekend and IHOP had pumpkin pancakes on the menu. :bigsmile:

Drive safely. :laugh:

OMG!!! I want them to come here right now!! lol wait my boss is in Cali rigth now flying home tonight....think they'll make the 5 hour flight? :laugh:
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    there's a place here in Austin that has pumpkin pancakes as big as your face! i had ONE and was so full. they have a pretty kick butt gingerbread one too. i think i am gonna buy some of the mixes for christmas gifts this year.

37.jpg