I'm new! And loving it so far!

Options
Hello, I'm Christa from Kansas! I have a two year old son, and recently picked up the hobby of training to be a ring girl for MMA fights. So in turn with working out, my trainer and I are tracking my eating habbits. I've been doing it for about a week now and i'm very happy with this program! I wonder when i'll see "weight loss" anyone know!? I havent weighed in yet, i'm too scared too :/

Replies

• Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hey there, fellow Kansan here. This is a great site for motivation, support and all kinds of ideas for everything from food to exercise and a lot of other stuff. Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck with your goals!
  • aprilje1
    aprilje1 Posts: 2
    Options
    believe me i hate weighting in it makes you feel like if you dont loss any pound you feel bad but it actually make you wanna work hard in order to lose weight:happy:
  • MistaChrista11
    Options
    thats what my co worker said too, but ugh....I'd hate to see that i've been doing all this and not see anything yet. But it only has been a week, so i'll just have to do it more! Thanks :)
  • ewnsley
    ewnsley Posts: 1
    Options
    i'm new at this also
    i wish i could understand or remember how this works
    like plugging the information in
  • MistaChrista11
    Options
    yes I love how you can just scan the barcoade with your phone, very nice! Helps with knowing the correct serving size in that meal too !
  • flinchyny
    flinchyny Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Give it a few weeks, especially if you don't have much to lose.
  • ina1975
    ina1975 Posts: 20
    Options
    yes I love how you can just scan the barcoade with your phone, very nice! Helps with knowing the correct serving size in that meal too !
    scan barcode with phone????? How am i missing this on the MFP app?? I have an i phone and i use the app every day! Where is the scan option??? AHHHH Help I must know!
  • ina1975
    Options
    Oh yeah welcome and hi! feel free to add me and we can help keep eachother on tract. LOVE LOVE LOVE this site! :smile:
  • jisabelle
    jisabelle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello and welcome!
    you will love this site, just be honest with yourself log everything and do your exercise at least once a week.
    I did this an I los 22lbs in a month and a half!
    I then got very i'll and I have maintained this loss. Now I'm pregnant and not looking to lose wight but still log my foods so I can make sure I'm eating enough.
    Good luck on your journey and even if one week you don't lose keep at it, it will catch up to you and you will see results.
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    scan barcode with phone????? How am i missing this on the MFP app?? I have an i phone and i use the app every day! Where is the scan option??? AHHHH Help I must know!

Haha there's a teeny tiny button that looks like a barcode right by where you type in your food. It's easy to miss, but it's totally fabulous to use!

Hello to the new gal, welcome! I wish you luck and hope you find lots of support and motivation on this wonderful site!
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Hello and good luck! This site is a great tool to help you get everything on track. Hope you do well, and remember, you have lots of support right here.
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    thats what my co worker said too, but ugh....I'd hate to see that i've been doing all this and not see anything yet. But it only has been a week, so i'll just have to do it more! Thanks :)

I strongly suggest you take measurements of of your neck, arms, legs, waist, hips, wherever you feel like and whenever you don't see a loss on the scale, remeasure yourself. You will likely see a loss in inches when no loss on the scale.
  • MistaChrista11
    Options
    where it says search for food, there is a picture of a barcode next to it. Just click on that and it pulls up the barcode scanner!
  • Evjones28
    Evjones28 Posts: 70
    Options
    Yes, i'm loving the bar code scanner, too. I found it by accident. Wouldn't have noticed it if i was actually looking for it. It's great. I scan everything possible. And u don't have to push the camera button to get a snapshot, it automatically locks in on the code by itself. :laugh:
  • ina1975
    Options
    where it says search for food, there is a picture of a barcode next to it. Just click on that and it pulls up the barcode scanner!
    are you using an iphone 4 by chance?? i can't for the life of me find it!
  • ina1975
    Options
    are you using an iphone 4 by chance?? i can't for the life of me find it!
    Okay it looks like it's not an option for iphone yet...grrrrrrr...oh well something to look forward to and now i don't feel so stupid! lol