Atkins

Options
I want to lose weight quickly but keep muscle and stay full so I am thinking of just replacing each meal with an Atkins protein bar. My only worry is it is high in fat. Any thoughts?

Replies

• bostongirl987
    bostongirl987 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight quickly but keep muscle and stay full so I am thinking of just replacing each meal with an Atkins protein bar. My only worry is it is high in fat. Any thoughts?
  • msblondy16
    Options
    i have tried that before and i found that the bars dont really replace all meals for me. i would personally suggest having a bar for breakfast and maybe lunch but then do a good dinner. plus they are expensive! but it is totally up to you. as long as you dont feel deprived and are getting enough calories (and nutrients!) i think you will be fine. :flowerforyou:
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options

Ok, so you'll see this all over these forums...quick fixes are B-A-D! You want to loose weight quickly ..we all understand that, but if you try to do it by cutting out meals and nurtirents you not only loose some fat and water....you loose muscle too...AND you put your body at great risk of vitamin deficiency. Atkins is not so bad...but I can tell you from watching my husband...you stop...you eat bread for a bit....not only do you feel awful...but the pounds come back with a vengence.

Why not try altering your portion size and what you're eating. Cut out processed carbs and sugars...basically anything white. Its been processed so much there's virtually no good stuff left. Try to eat lots of veggies, fresh fruits, lean meats (chicken, fish, ect) and whole wheats and grains. All of these things are more complex on a chemical level so it takes your body longer to break them down. Meaning ...you can eat less than what you usually do because you feel fuller longer.

Also keep in mind that if you aren't getting ENOUGH calories you won't loose either! Your body senses that you aren't taking enough fuel in and it says ..."Hey ...I'm going to protect myself from starving" and it stores everything you put in your mouth. Every calorie, every fat, everything you're trying to get rid of. Resulting in a huge waste of time for you and tons of damage to your body!

I don't know why you need to loose fast....but my suggestion is ...Be Smart!! Do it the right way and you might not ever have to do it again! Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    be careful to make sure you're getting enough of the essential vitamins and minerals, eating one food for all meals can deprive you of that. And remember, quick wt. loss is almost ALWAYS water weight, it take 3500 deficit to equal 1lb of fat lost. so to lose 5lbs in a week would mean you'd have to create a deficit of 17500 calories.....which is close to impossible. Be patient, the slower you lose the weight and the healthier the habits you build will help to keep you where you want to be when you get there!!