Rest Days?

Options
Do you all take them or do you try to workout everyday?

Replies

• summer_anne
    Options
    take your rest/recovery day - but still maintain activity such as walking, stretching, yoga or just getting out and about.... don't stay on the couch all day that's all =D
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    I work out 5 days a week. I have two rest days and I try to make them on days that I work. My job is a very active job, and I am on my feet moving all day so to compensate on my days off I double my work out time.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Right now, I go to the gym 2-3x a week to work out hard. On the other days, i try to at least walk a mile w/ my dog. I'm a teacher, so in the summer I go to the gym 5-6x a week. Rest days are important especially if you are doing the same workout everyday. Another option is to alternate the types of workouts or muscle groups you are working, if you want to exercise every day.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I always take one day off a week where I only walk the dog. Last week I decided to take off for 2 weeks~ it's part of an experiment I'm doing. I've also read in several articles that if you've been exercising for a year, it's a good idea to take off for a week.
  • Mark1968
    Mark1968 Posts: 21
    Options
    I am a runner (thats not something I thought I would ever say) and I take a rest day every week. On weeks I have a race I rest the two days before race day.... Rest and recovery are very important to building muscle. But I will say on rest days I usually walk and stretch.
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I have to workout everyday so I stay in my routine, I'm a p90X ho. That being said every 7th day, which usually falls on Friday I'll just do a lot of stretching.