elliptical

Options
I'm looking for an elliptical at the best price possible. I can't afford anything too fancy, just want something that works. I want something I can do while watching tv shows at night. Do you know of any good discount or low price sites to look into?

Replies

• ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i seen one at walmart that is about $250
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    that is a good question, I am wondering the same. I have looked on craigslist but in my area there isn't much on there, you could try there
  • Paccie
    Paccie Posts: 47
    Options
    Bump!
  • lacybolton
    Options
    You could maybe try looking on Craigslist or Ebay. You should be able to find one there for a good price.
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    ebay
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Check craigslist or your newspaper. People usually buy nice ellipticals and then sell them cheap if they decide they don't work for them. It just depends on your area and what papers you have available.
  • butterfly_lvr
    Options
    all I will say is whatever one you find do a lot of research and read reviews on it. We bought one a couple weeks ago and honestly I wish we had waited and saved up more money. but then I had somebody tell me that even a $1000 one had the same issues ours does so I don't know anymore. I do know we want to get a new one (better one) and one that offers more than our current one does but they do give a work out - no doubt about that.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Craigslist or the thrift store where I live has exercise equipment sometimes.
  • s_waser
    s_waser Posts: 92
    Options
    I bought one at Wal-Mart and it is great I can't remember how much it costs but it was made by Gold's Gym and has different levels of resistance and levels of elevation. I am pretty sure it was around $300. The nordic track ones are super expensive and huge. The one I have is big but fits well in the corner of my family room and I pull it out infront of the tv when I use it. Good luck and happy shopping!! :)
  • clearly_ninja
    clearly_ninja Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Make sure you do get a decent one, I bought a davina macall corss trainer for £40 off ebay, they retail in argos at £100 and thought I was getting a good deal. However a 30 min workout on my personal elliptical tells me i've burned around 100 cals wheras the ones at the gym I used to burn around 330. I think it might have something to do with the stride aswell, but it puts me off going on it knowing i'm only burning a third of the calories.
  • pmorrison101
    Options
    You get what you pay for and when it comes to exercise equipment you really shouldn't skimp on money...I'm all for a good deal and you could look on ebay or craig's list but get a good one.....I wouldn't spend less than $500 for a used one......good ones brand new can cost up to $2,000.00....so if you bought one used for $500, I'd way it would be in the medium range as far as proformance.
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I bought mine at Sears and it was around $700. Well worth the money. Its a Nordic and has different resistance levels and workouts. I've been seeing lots of sales on them. Hope it helps and good luck!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Looking for one myself.. I did check ebay today and can get on for starting at just under $100 which makes me wonder if they are any good. Free shipping too! Wondering if the walmart ones are ok? They have some good prices on theirs too.
  • butterfly_lvr
    Options
    I bought one at Wal-Mart and it is great I can't remember how much it costs but it was made by Gold's Gym and has different levels of resistance and levels of elevation. I am pretty sure it was around $300. The nordic track ones are super expensive and huge. The one I have is big but fits well in the corner of my family room and I pull it out infront of the tv when I use it. Good luck and happy shopping!! :)

that sounds like the one I was looking at on their site for $277 - had the different levels of resistance and incline and the two sets of handlebars - one set moves the other stays in place and the pulse rate is built right in on the set of bars that don't move...is that the same one you have?
  • Karasene
    Karasene Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I got mine at **** sporting goods for about 300 bucks. I've had it for 4 years and still works great!
    It was the floor model so i got a discount :) You could also try craigslist!
  • marspec1maven
    Options
    Consumer Reports recently reviewed home exercise equipment. If you aren't a subscriber you can read the article at the library. They rate these machines. among other things, according to how easy they are (or aren't) to put out of the way when not in use. Some have far too many bells and whistles. And the recommendation is also not to overspend. You can always trade up if you really want to continue using one at home.
  • mbentz74
    mbentz74 Posts: 1
    Options
    I bought mine at Sears, it's a Nordic Trac and I got it for $599. Make sure you read reviews. I did a lot of research before I got mine, and I'm glad I did. I figured if I was going to spend $300 or so, I may as well spend a little more and get a good one, that will last awhile.
    If you do decide to buy a used one, check it out really good. If parts are worn, replacements/repair costs can sometimes be as expensive as a new machine!
  • awright1002
    Options
    Ebay. I got an elliptical/ bike for $125 amd I like it!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I bought mine at Sears and it was around $700. Well worth the money. Its a Nordic and has different resistance levels and workouts. I've been seeing lots of sales on them. Hope it helps and good luck!

DITTO!!! Do not go cheap on these. There are a ton of reviews on ellipticals at Sears.com.
  • eandskp
    eandskp Posts: 54
    Options
    I bought a cheap one at Walmart and hate it! It only has two programs and when I am going full speed, I feel like it is going to tip over. Invest a bit and you will be happier!