best exercise for a flat stomach?

Options
hi everyone,

i tried belly dancing for a while but i cant find a class near me anymore. these days i just do 2 sessions of cardio per week at the gym and one session of weights training, my main goal is shifting the belly fat so has anyone got any suggestions fot extra classes i could get involved in?

thanks.

Replies

• rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    From what I have read from a lot of members here is cardio, cardio, cardio!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Lots of cardio to get rid of fat?

I'm not sure so... Bump!
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    cardio is the best option just because you tone the mucsle underneath the belly fat doesn't mean you will burn the belly fat, do cardio work on your legs as they are the largest muscle in the body and will burn more fat at rest, and work on other muscles accordingly.
  • bethyfoofoo
    Options
    I asked a trainer (at the gym I go to) about getting rid of the mommy tummy fat, and she told me cardio was the best way.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I hate to burst your bubble - but abs are made in the kitchen. You won't be able to shift your fat around by doing specific workouts or routines. Eat a healthy clean diet - almonds, beans, spinach, low-fat dairy, eggs, turkey are supposed to be great foods that will help you shed some of that belly fat. Stay away from starchy foods - white bread, enriched pasta, white potatoes.

When your % body fat gets low enough those abs will show-up!

*NO AMOUNT OF SIT-UPS WILL GIVE YOU A FLAT STOMACH - ****EVER**** - IF YOU DON'T EAT A PROPER DIET.

So as far as routines - try some cardio to melt fat - eat plenty of protein so you don't lose muscle mass.

And lastly...

Lift HEAVY weights - as heavy as you can. - Don't worry you don't have the testosterone to beef up like a man - you'll just look super hot and sexy!

Hope this helps! :flowerforyou:
  • resptech97
    resptech97 Posts: 147
    Options
    cardio is the best option just because you tone the mucsle underneath the belly fat doesn't mean you will burn the belly fat, do cardio work on your legs as they are the largest muscle in the body and will burn more fat at rest, and work on other muscles accordingly.

I agree! Doing abdominal exercises will tone the muscle but it will not burn the abdominal fat. Get those bigger muscles to get a total body burn!!
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    Pilates Abbs
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Aside from the diet comment which is totally true...you get the abs from doing abs (not meant to be funny there). I do TaeBo, or TurboFire, or TurboJam, Cathe Freidrich- kick max and others do Zumba. just an idea.
  • sweetheart312
    sweetheart312 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I want to loose my poochy stomache what is the best thing for that and i have big theighs whats the best exercise for this?????
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    From what I have read from a lot of members here is cardio, cardio, cardio!

YEP YEP YEP!!! GOOD LUCK!