Forgot to weigh my chicken

Options
I just cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts and as it was cooking realized that i forgot to weigh it it to get my 4 oz portion. If
I weigh it after will it make a difference?

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I always weigh my food after it's cooked--am I doing it wrong?
  • resptech97
    resptech97 Posts: 147
    Options
    I think in reality you are supposed to weigh it before. But I have also always weighed mine after its cooked.
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    it really depends on the nutrition facts of the item you are cooking... i am not 100% sure with chicken breasts but I know I have to weigh out pasta before hand as the facts on the label are for dry pasta vs cooked.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    It will weigh sl. less after cooking because it will lose some water in the cooking process. I don't know if it will make too much of a difference. I don't know if it matters to weigh it before or after - probably before as I am assuming most labs would test a raw chicken breast for it's nutritional break down before actually cooking it.

Anyway - if you don't have a scale you can alway eye-ball it. A meat serving the size of a deck of cards is approx. 3 oz.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I just cooked some boneless skinless chx breasts last night. I weight 2 breasts before cooking at 400g. I weighed my portion after cooking at 185g. My portion was about 1/3 of the total, and my boyfriends was 2/3. The 185 g equals about 4.4 oz. So, I guess if I would have had the entire chx breast, it might have been 5oz.

Hope this helps some :)