Getting Discouraged

Options
So I Have Been Doing Insanity..And I Have Only Lost 10 Pounds Since I Started...2 Months
I Feel Like I Should Have Lost A lot More..And Im Not Seeing Any Changes To My Body AT ALL.
I Feel Like I Was Losing More Weight When I Was Not Counting Calories And Just Walking Twice A Day
I Also Do Pilates For 20 Min Everyday And Walk My Dog Every Other Day For 15 Min

Replies

• 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good, steady, healthy weight loss to me.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I applaud you for even doing insanity....i have it and the furthest ive gone is 2 weeks before giving up...man it is tough to do....and on a positive note you are doing something good for yourself and at least youre not gaining weight
  • get_it_gone2012
    Options
    Start weight? Goal weight?
    Depending on how much you had to lose and you're current body make-up, you will lose weight at different speeds. I was 'obese' when I started, and lost 26# fairly quickly. Now, I have 34# to go and I'm moving more slowly, closer to 1-1.5# per week. It really just depends on your body type.
    Plus, think of it this way. 10# in 2 months is FASTER than all those famous "10# in 10 weeks" celebrity diets :smile:
    You're doing great!
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    Im Not Seeing ANY Changes In My Body
    When I Was Walking Twice A Day I Saw Changes Right Away
  • Kellee_76
    Kellee_76 Posts: 91
    Options
    You've been doing great! Ten pounds in two months? I would be thrilled!! The closer you get to your goal weight, the slower it comes off. That's just the way it is. Stick with it. You'll be successful.
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    Im 227 5'8
  • nmain
    nmain Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I started this journey on Feb. 18th and I have only lost 11lbs. I have been told by my doctor that what I am doing is correct and I shouldn't try for more weight loss per week. I have not had one person say a single word about my weight loss besides the support I get on here and a few co-workers, that is aggravating. But it also makes me want to work harder towards my goal. 10 pounds is a great start, its 10lbs that you DIDN'T gain :) Good Luck to you in your journey!
  • cmpettey
    cmpettey Posts: 223
    Options
    You're losing faster than I am. I've lost about 10 lbs and I've been doing this religiously for 3 months. At least the scale is going in the right direction. If I give up, I'm sure to fail. I try not to get discouraged because I figure this is more of a lifestyle change than a "diet." Good luck on your journey. I hope you find what works for you.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far! That is a great steady rate of weight loss. Question is, how is your nutrition? Are you eating enough foods for those workouts? Are you eating healthy foods? Dinking water? Etc...
  • bootoou
    bootoou Posts: 22
    Options
    It is the muscle you are gaining that is slowing the weight loss down, I bet if you measured your body you would see a difference. I have been kickboxing and counting calories since Jan 23rd and have only lost 14 lbs but I have lost about 12% body fat and 14 inches thoughout my body... I hate the scale, I still step on it everyday and it really does suck... keep chugging along they say you didn't gain this weight overnight you can't loose it that fast....
  • bebababy
    bebababy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i am also in the same boat. i have struggled for years only to find out a month ago that i have a thyroid issue. Not a big one but enough to cause me to maintain my weight for decades regardless of what i did. i've lost only 4 pounds and i am still frustrated because i am working out and eating right.

it sounds as if you are doing a great deal so stick with it. also remember to measure inches!! i was never a believer in inches until i got serious this last time! LOL i decided to record inches. to my surprise although there were times i didn't lose any pounds i lost several inches from my hips and waist. that was encouragement.

helpful tips
    -hydration
    -look at your salt intake
    -eat more often instead of three meals totaling 1200 calories eat 6 meals totaling 1200

good luck to all of you! i am always motivated to see how much people have lost it gives me hope. I have 30 pounds to lost and it is a beast i tell ya!!!! lol

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]5041727.png[/url]