Big booty, not going anywhere.

Options
So on my weight loss journey, I've only been losing on the top, I do appreciate a tiny waist, but I don't want to keep my huge butt.. I know my genetics make me this way, but its not cool. I've lost more weight before I started mfp, so it has been more than just 13 lbs I've lost and seen no difference in my butt. I'm wondering if anyone else has a big booty and it has gone down after losing lots of weight and looks normal now. I need hope, thanks.

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Have you been taking your measurements, or are you going by what you see in the mirror? Sometimes it's hard to see the changes because they're so gradual.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Keep the faith babe, it does shrink~it may be the last place you loose, but it just takes time:wink:
  • gazbo1986
    gazbo1986 Posts: 52
    Options
    as far as i know the thighs and butt are the most stubborn area to burn fat from for women. you're not the only one. just stick with it, take a multi and keep lifting heavy.
  • xlumabao
    xlumabao Posts: 7
    Options
    You might wanna try doing some Squats, Lunges and walking uphill. Target weight loss is a pain. Just keep working at it, and if you aren't doing weights, i DEFINITELY recommend it :). Leg days will SUCK, but after a couple weeks, and the soreness in your glutes, you WILL See/Feel results :). Keep at it!:wink:
  • Hk9229
    Hk9229 Posts: 10
    Options
    I haven't been measuring, but I fit in the same pants just the same.
  • Sden1231
    Sden1231 Posts: 61
    Options
    I wish i had a big booty :(
  • CourtneyHiatt
    Options
    I had trouble with this as well. Squats seemed to make my butt bigger, but then I switched to lunges while hold 10 pound weights in each hand and saw a difference in about 2 weeks.
  • gazbo1986
    gazbo1986 Posts: 52
    Options
    You might wanna try doing some Squats, Lunges and walking uphill. Target weight loss is a pain. Just keep working at it, and if you aren't doing weights, i DEFINITELY recommend it :). Leg days will SUCK, but after a couple weeks, and the soreness in your glutes, you WILL See/Feel results :). Keep at it!:wink:

there is no such thing as "target weight loss", spot reduction, whatever you want to call it.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I am bottom heavy :happy: . The best way to trim down is running. You will still lose all over but hopefully break the bottom half down.
  • bethikabob
    bethikabob Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    In the bit that I've lost--15 lbs--I've gone down a cup size and lost 2 inches in my butt, those are the first places I lose lol, but even when I was 80lbs lighter I still had a butt. I love my butt :) You can always try talking to it... "Hello Mr. Butt, I love you because you are part of me, however I would really appreciate it if you would do some downsizing. Thanks, the rest of the body." Or theres always the usual squats, lunges, etc but I've heard they tone and don't necessarily diminish what is naturally you.
  • mystique6
    Options
    Hi, I can understand your dilemma. I am bottom heavy too and i lose weight from my checks first and my hips/booty is the last to show shedding. When I started spinning class at my gym and i noticed my hips/booty was slimming out. So i hope this helps. Keep up the good work and good luck on your weight loss journey :)
  • xlumabao
    xlumabao Posts: 7
    Options
    :tongue: Agree 100%- There is no such thing as TARGET weight loss, but there is Target shaping. Better use of words? Gazbo1986 is absolutely correct. Target Weightloss DOES NOT EXIST. Otherwise everyone would have 6 pack abs and a swimwear model's butt for 3 easy payments of $19.95
  • fouchou09
    fouchou09 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I hear ya! I always lose weight from the top down. Like everyone else says, keep working at it, it will come (off)!
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    I like my big booty.. more importantly my MAN loves it.. and now that Kim Kardashian & J-Lo have made it OK ( insert sarcasm here) to have bog butts, I say embrace it....
  • trishatruss
    Options
    I wish i had a big booty :(

ME TOOOOOO lol :sad:
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    I know how you feel! When I start to lose it always falls from my waist first, and that is actually a part of my body I'm more pleased with. Last month I lost another inch at the waist and nothing at the hips (the booty area). Right now I have a 29 inch waist and 44 inch hips! It makes buying clothes (pants) a pain in the booty! But, if we all had the same body type, it would be a boring world. Plus, I try to console myself with the fact that belly fat is the most unhealthy :)
  • LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    I'm a fellow member of the big booty club and I'm wondering if there's a BMI calculator for me... MFP says my target weight is 101-136. I'm like "really?!" I think I would look and feel great at 150.
  • Brittany1414
    Options
    I have the same problem!!
    It just wont go away!!!
  • kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have a J-Lo booty for real. It definitely has gone down since I have lost weight, but is still a bubble butt. That is just the shape of my body and I have no control over that, but I am working on toning it. The only time in my life i didn't have a butt was when I was anorexic and 88 lbs.
  • Kiwi_09
    Kiwi_09 Posts: 65
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, my hips/butt is 12" bigger than my waist. I find running and the elliptical help.
    Squats and weights may make your legs and butt bigger so keep the weight lower with more reps, or no weights at all just your body weight.
    Don't give up, it'll go eventually :P