How much water do you drink daily?

Options
2»

Replies

• CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    At least 3Ls a day for me which is recommended for nursing mothers (me) but I intend to keep it up after my little one is weaned. I've seen bigger weight loss numbers since I really started tracking how much water I drink.

I read a post on Jillian Michaels Facebook page today that says it all....

Jillian Michaels
    Smart Tip: If you're looking to shed those last 10-20lbs, you need to increase the intensity of your workouts. I don’t want to see you carrying a conversation on with some good looking guy or girl next to you on the elliptical. I want you breathless, heart pumping, working around 85% of your MHR. Then cut the booze, processed foods, reduce sodium to 1500mg a day & up your water intake to 80oz. Voila - skinny jeans.

http://www.facebook.com/jillianmichaels
  • GoJoMom2448
    Options
    Roughly 64 oz a day
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Okay so I should not feel bad at all! I am in awe at the amount of water some of you guys drink!:drinker:
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Usually anywhere from 12 - 16 cups a day. It is pretty hard to drink to much water.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication
  • pghfan
    pghfan Posts: 119
    Options
    Usually between 80-100 ounces a day. I have one cup of coffee in the morning, and most days one unsweetened tea or diet soda, so mostly just water.
  • pghfan
    pghfan Posts: 119
    Options
    Usually between 80-100 ounces a day. I have one cup of coffee in the morning, and most days one unsweetened tea or diet soda, so mostly just water.
  • LosingTheWeight2014
    Options
    I drink about 20 - 8 oz glasses of water per day...that's about 160oz of water per day. I think you're doing fine.

There is such a thing as drinking too much water, but you literally have to drink the electrolytes, minerals, etc out of your body in a very short amount of time to do that!! It's very difficult.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I drink 12-20 cups a day. Some days I slack but thats my norm
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    It depends on the day, on a "normal" day I drink about 10 cups or so of liquid. It's usually extremely watered down crystal lite.

On the days where I am working all three jobs, I usually end up drinking about 15-18 cups a day, about 60 oz which is just water, the rest is usually watered down crystal lite. I work with horses, and when I work all three jobs I end up riding ~5hrs total, and am out in the sun and whatnot so it is a lot of exercise.

I don't drink soda, either. I will rarely have a diet soda, or low-carb energy drink. I used to drink raspberry tea like it was going out of style, but I can't drink it anymore without cutting it in half with water.

So, I just stick to my 1:2 crystal lite, and water. :) It's hard to get the water intake up there at first, but you get used to it.

My face is so clear, too. TOM is rearing it's ugly head soon, but I am relatively break out free. When I wasn't drinking a lot, my face wasn't a mess but it wasn't clear either.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I bascially only drink water (with the exception of maybe 1 cup of tea a week and 1 cup of iced tea a week.. maybe, not every week) and get at least 8 cups a day but my average is 12-15 cups.
    Just try to space it out during the day! thats what I do