Chinese food?

Options
Im going out to eat chinese tonight, anyone have suggestions on what the healthiest things I can order?

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Hot and sour soup is pretty safe.
  • joliejolie123456
    Options
    i usually get steamed vegetables and king prawns with sauce on the side and rice (brown if possible). bit boring but definately healthy. stir frys are a good option too because theyre traditionally cooked with just a little oil and loads of vegatables.
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    im eating chinese right now!!!!!!!!!!!! white rise and steamed brocoli it doesnt sound as good as sesame chicken i know but its filling and good....and healthy!
  • LauraRhodes0902
    LauraRhodes0902 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    egg drop soup, there's usually a salad bar, steamed rice rather than fried.
  • LauraRhodes0902
    LauraRhodes0902 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    im eating chinese right now!!!!!!!!!!!! white rise and steamed brocoli it doesnt sound as good as sesame chicken i know but its filling and good....and healthy!
    UGH! I loooooove sesame chicken!!!
  • Meag83
    Meag83 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I had chinese today-- but I didn't do well. So don't go by what I had!

How do you not get Crab Ragoon-- I love that stuff!!
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    Also remember that soups are really high in sodium. I agree with tofu, shrimp, steamed veggies and brown rice (although they might fry it...)
  • mom2claudia
    Options
    QUOTE: How do you not get Crab Ragoon-- I love that stuff!!

I love crab rangoons, too.... But they don't love us back obviously. LOL! I did, though, find something that SORT Of tastes like rangoon -- at least enough to stop my cravings. LOL! I take two pieces of light Italian bread, spread about 1 tablespoon of low-fat cream cheese (or neufchatel), maybe mix in 2 tablespoons frozen mixed veggies into it, close it all up, throw it into my sandwich maker, and make it all toasty. It's sort of like "crab rangoon meets hot pocket." LOL!
  • lovingbears2
    lovingbears2 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    If it is a smaller chinese restaurant, they will often let you special order. You can order a stir fry and request it be made with very little oil, shrimp, chicken, lots of veggies! I DID have chinese 2 weeks ago, and they made 'Singapore Chow Mei Fun", 1 cup is 360 calories, 26 carbs, 18 gm fat (2 of those saturated), 28 g protein. It is rice noodles instead of rice mixed into chicken, shrimp, pork strips Or whatever meats you want in it stir fried with pea pods, carrots, onions, celery,peppers, etc (lots of veggies- and you can request more veggies and less rice noodles), with a soy or maybe teriyaki sauce base and a little hint of curry (although I personally cannot stand the taste of curry and I LOVE this dish!) This is REALLY good!! Depends on how many calories you have left! and of course broccoli, broccoli, broccoli.... EVERY chinese restaurant loads this up... again, just request it be made with very little oil. Enjoy your night out!!!:tongue:
  • snels119
    snels119 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The place I usually get Chinese food from has a steamed vegetables and soft tofu option in their lunch and dinner combos. I get it with brown rice, a side salad and a bottle of water, garlic sauce on the side. I always see steamed vegetables on the menu at Chinese places.
  • ajrpotter
    Options
    Take it from a guy who is living in China right now.. Stay away from chinese food! its all sugar! they even add sugar into the veggie dishs to make it tastes better! But if u are going to eat chinese food.. stick with tofu/chicken and the veggie dishes.. and stay away from anything that has any sort of sauce because those are the dishes that have sugar in them! Even in the soup there's added sugar.
  • snowbunnyak
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • Mightytaco84
    Mightytaco84 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Chinese food is tricky to get the correct calorie count unless if you're eating at a place like PF Chang's. Since I started using MFP, I've only eaten it once. For Asian food I normally eat Thai or Korean.
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Men's health recommended the following for Panda Express: Mongolian Beef or Green Bean Chicken with a side of veggies and you wind up with a fairly nutritious meal with plenty of protein to keep you full. Entrees to avoid: Beijing Beef, Orange Chicken, Sweet and Sour Chicken, and anything with pork.