Super Easy Bean Burgers!

Options
bespatter
bespatter Posts: 73 Member
These bean burgers are awesome, best of all, they're low in calories and fat, and are quick and easy to make! When I make these I usually eat them with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, and a little BBQ sauce on a whole wheat bun. They're vegetarian and vegan, and I swear they won't fall apart when you make them!! :)

Oh, and vital wheat gluten (also called vital wheat gluten flour) is usually found in a box next to the regular bags of flour. Instead of an egg, this is what holds everything together.

Magic White Bean Burgers:
1 can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 c. minced onion
1/3 c. plain bread crumbs (check to make sure they're vegan, some aren't, if you're not vegan, any brand will do, lol)
2 Tb. vital wheat gluten
1 tsp. nutritional yeast (optional)
1 tsp. dried parsley
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. white pepper

1. Mash beans in a bowl with a fork.
2. Add the onion, bread crumbs, wheat gluten, nooch (opt.), parsley, salt, and pepper. Mash and mix thoroughly until everything is completely combined.
3. Shape the burgers into four patties and cook for 10-15 minutes over medium-high heat in a skillet sprayed with some nonstick (eff you, rules on sentence structure!!). Flip the patties once during cooking to brown them on both sides. I also cover my pan to help the centers cook.
4. Serve on toasted whole wheat buns with all the fixins'.

Anywho. The nutritional stats of this burger (patty only, doesn't include the bun): 137 calories, 0.6 grams of fat, 6.1 grams of fiber, 9.7 grams of protein, and 10.8% of your daily Iron. It's also got a tad bit of Vitamin C and Calcium, but not a whole lot.

Replies