why am I so tired?

Options
hi all how are you? I was just wondering if in the only one who is shattered all the time. Im eating healthy and doing more but feel like I'm falling asleep most of the day. I always headr people saying how much more energy they have but I don't what am I doing wrong?

Replies

• NurseChristy3
    NurseChristy3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enuff carbs?
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. I feel tired most of the time. And even more so after exercise and I don't know why. So am wondering what other people's views are on this. Sorry I'm not much help with regards to advice. :smile:
  • Asomething
    Asomething Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling the same way. Pretty sure I just need to go to the doc and get some blood work done. Hopefully it's just anemia or a vitamin D deficiency or something easy like that!! Good luck!
  • ftoddw
    ftoddw Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    How often are you eating? I get tired mid-afternoon if I haven't had something to eat or enough water. Fruit and carrots are great when I'm feeling low cause of the natural sugars. Green tea is another good pick-me-up. Keep grazing through the day, drink way more water than you think you should and sip a little green tea and it should help.
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    I've had a couple of days like that this past week. I'm not entirely sure why. I'm hoping that it's my body getting used to me eating and acting healthier after years of neglect and that if I keep eating to my goal and exercising, it'll pass.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Try checking your nutrients - you may be low on iron, vitamin D, potassium, or sleep!
  • cokpara
    cokpara Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'd check the nutrient breakdown within MFP. Check on your carbs, potassium and your sugars... also, depending on how much you're working out, your body really might just want a nap or just a moment to slow down. Make sure you're getting enough sleep and your intake is adequate, you may need more on some days whereas other days you don't need nearly as much... Your body's going through lots of changes so just be patient with it and if something doesn't change in terms of your tiredness levels, then there may be a more serious problem you might wanna check on.
  • ChristineM1953
    ChristineM1953 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You should be feeling better. Maybe you should go to the doctor for some bloodwork. You could be anemic or low on iron.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I can't see you diary to look at the foods you are eating but you should be feeling better for eating well and working out not worse! Sure tired after a big work out is fine, but not all the time :)

Are you getting enough iron? For a lot of women an iron deficiency or anaemia is a major reason for feeling fatigued ALL the time. If you go and get a blood test they will be able to tell you if you are deficient. I was now I have an iron supplement and a vitamin C supplement (vitamin C helps the body absorb iron so you can be getting enough iron but not enough Vit C so not taking it in!)

How do you sleep? if you have restless sleeps you could also try a 5HTP supplement to regulate your serotonin and sleeping patterns?

If you keep feeling like this go and see your doctor - there are illnesses (like Glandular fever) that make you feel fatigued 24/7 so would be good to talk to them! Good luck and I hope you feel better soon x
  • healthyandthin
    healthyandthin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. Today was just horrible. I exercised in the morning and ate constantly from the early morning until noon. Despite that, I was still really tired. When I get up from a seat, I thought I would black out. I haven't taken my vitamins in a while. I think that's probably why.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Without knowing how much and what type of workouts you are doing, and what you are eating it is hard to say what could cause it. I know the default MFP setting for protein is low for someone who works out intensely. I didn't realize that until I friend of mine pointed out I needed more protein (thanks Newfiedan). I increased my protein intake a lot, somewhere between .7 and 1 gram per pound of body weight, and that gave me a lot more energy and got rid of the muscle soreness I often had from my intense workouts. I still get the muscle soreness after and intense workout, it now goes away much quicker.
  • blackdragonclare
    Options
    I don't work out intensely as I had my third baby 6months ago and I'm still suffering a bit wiith hip problems. I an just making sure I am moving a lot more.
  • ltlmsmrysnshine
    Options
    thanks, that just may be why I have been having issues too!