i am still hungry on 1300 cal

Options
I only have 5 lbs to go and I am hungry on the 1300 they have me on. I
run about 4 miles a day and I make sure I eat the calories I burn. I eat protein like eggs and peanut butter and my veggies and fruit. I can't have wheat so that's out. Any ideas?

Replies

• Diya13
    Diya13 Posts: 24
    Options
    Fiber really helps keep you full...could you find a wheat-free or gluten-free fiber bar?
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Try to make sure you are eating some "good" fats--nuts, avocado, olives,etc. The fat helps with satiety.
  • kevinjohn23
    Options
    bacon, almonds... mmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • goddessofmath
    goddessofmath Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Maybe add in some dairy? I find a cup of skim milk really helps with my hunger sometimes. Also, are you eating a TON of veggies and fruits? They're a good way to bulk up without going overboard on calories. Today I had a huge amount of veggies, and I was never hungry. Good luck on your last 5 pounds!
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    what is your daily deficit?
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Try adding flax meal into your diet. I eat a flax meal muffin almost every morning (235 calories, 2-3 net carbs). Flax meal is gluten free, has lots of fiber and Omega-3's. I'm never hungry until a few hours later when it's time for lunch. You can also add it to cereal, yogurt, etc. to add a little more fiber which will make you feel full for longer.
  • rachelblank427
    rachelblank427 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Fiber and try adding some beans to your diet, they have protein and keep you full. Also nuts are a good source of protein.
  • emma44ny
    emma44ny Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I've been seriously into the Chiobani yogurt (pomegranate is my fave) and Tamari almonds, which are regular raw almonds w/ a touch of tamari...so good!! I find both really curb my appetite for about 140 cals each.
  • candygrl1980
    Options
    drink lots of water, it helps curve my appetite alot