college student who still wants to have fun

Options
So Im a college student who likes to drink but I dont want to drink all of my calories when I am out with friends. What are some least calorie alternatives besides beer

Replies

• Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Fellow college student.....

My go to is always vodka (1oz) and diet tonic with lime (68 calories)
  • ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i agree with the vodka but I also think an alternative to diet tonic is club soda.
  • miss_melissa_
    Options
    must agree, vodka and club soda. It is hard for me to drink due to calories, crazy struggle.
  • ricobear
    ricobear Posts: 5
    Options
    nothing wrong with having a few cold ones but the best thing i enjoy drinking and it only 64 calories that is MGD 64. Great taste and you 10 of them it only 640 calories.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • jade3599
    jade3599 Posts: 22
    Options
    Red wines and alcohol that are clear are the least sugar caloric. aka vodka, tequilla, and with red wines- only the bolder bitter sweet (not the fruity zinfandel's) aka merlot, shiraz.
    Alcohol is tricky. It messes up your blood sugars. Red wine is actually sorta healthy for your heart and very low on the glycemic index level!
    Have fun Be safe:bigsmile:
  • Yatashie
    Yatashie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Vodka, Gin and basic white rum are all lower in calories (although rum has more sugar), avoid tonic as it is super high in sugar (personally I try to avoid too much sucralose and therefore I don't drink diet). If you like the taste of alcohol flavoured vodka and water is not too shabby and it makes avoiding a hangover easier too because you stay hydrated.

Just know that most alcohol is between 50 and 100 calories per shot.
  • albragg
    albragg Posts: 55
    Options
    Shots. Honestly, if you wanna get drunk take a couple shots and you'll be good to go. A rule of thumb I stand by is 1 shot = about 100 cals. I usually like to have about 5-6 shots throughout the night, so I try and exercise more before nights I know I'm going out so that I can have a surplus of calories to spend on booze. If you don't like shots straight, mix a shot of rum with some diet coke. :)
  • lilyb90
    lilyb90 Posts: 2
    Options
    It really depends on what you like to drink. My favorite drink is Jagermiester and red bull. It is 130 calories with regular red bull and even less with the sugar free red bull. Instead of drinking it like a shot, I get it poured over ice, that way I sip on it and it lasts a lot longer so fewer calories. Plus if you burn more calories exercising then on your goal, it gives for more calories to eat/drink! So if you know you are going out for a few drinks, go for a walk and burn extra calories, totally worth it!
  • Ninjitsu
    Ninjitsu Posts: 163
    Options
    nothing wrong with having a few cold ones but the best thing i enjoy drinking and it only 64 calories that is MGD 64. Great taste and you 10 of them it only 640 calories.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Hahaha Nice. Personally I can't do beer... Yuck! If I'm going to drink after a long school week it's vodka based.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Just bang out a heavier workout if you plan on drinking that night. :)
  • cherbear7
    cherbear7 Posts: 37
    Options
    vodka tonic 2 limes is my poison :tongue: approx 168 calories for 6ounce serving
    enjoy! :drinker:
  • casey1974
    casey1974 Posts: 18
    Options
    Bacardi and diet soda, about 60 cals. Have a few and dance the night away! Fun and a good workout all at once!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    So Im a college student who likes to drink but I dont want to drink all of my calories when I am out with friends. What are some least calorie alternatives besides beer

I am no college student now - those days are gone. ;) But I can say, I gained 23+ lbs my first two years and lost that plus some my last two years of college.

In my last two years, I had a great time while losing weight! I was in the gym 5-6 days a week. But still went out most weekends.

I "pre-gamed" before going out with Gin, water, and Crystal Light lemonade! HAHA. I still laugh when I think about that - but honestly, it wasn't bad!

Oh - and I also prepared for late night munchies after coming home from the bars. I would have baked lays or pretzels in my apartment and instead of going in on a pizza when friends, I would be in the kitchen warming up a Healthy Choice pizza!

You can do it! :)
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options

I am no college student now - those days are gone. ;) But I can say, I gained 23+ lbs my first two years and lost that plus some my last two years of college.

In my last two years, I had a great time while losing weight! I was in the gym 5-6 days a week. But still went out most weekends.

I "pre-gamed" before going out with Gin, water, and Crystal Light lemonade! HAHA. I still laugh when I think about that - but honestly, it wasn't bad!

Oh - and I also prepared for late night munchies after coming home from the bars. I would have baked lays or pretzels in my apartment and instead of going in on a pizza when friends, I would be in the kitchen warming up a Healthy Choice pizza!

You can do it! :)

LOL I totally Pregame with Vodka and Crystal Light!!!
    Tequila + Crystal Light Lemonade = Low Cal Margarita
    Vodka + Crystal Light Cranberry or Pomegranate is also AWESOME