Pilates

Options
Does anyone do Pilates? Thoughts? Yoga? I am really interested, and am looking for thoughts as to how to get started.

Replies

• sweetie89207
    Options
    yea i love pilates...doesnt really get my heart rate going but it makes my legs and back feel amazing...great to do in the mornings...and just find a video...i like this one thats 20 minutes...real easy and i try to do it in the mornings and its a great way to get ur body ready for the day...just look around for some videos and try them out...maybe from netflix or something...
  • tinboy
    tinboy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Pilates is awesome! Try a studio if you can and go to a very small class...2-4 people. The more hands on help you can get to get started the better you willl understand the exercise! I go 1.5 x/wk. I also have some DVD's.
  • holly0623
    holly0623 Posts: 66
    Options
    blogilates.com has a lot of great pilates videos!
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Yoga and Pilates are excellent workouts. The level of challenge varies greatly and is easy to customize for beginners to advanced. Try several to find your fit. Local health clubs and "Y"s all hold a variety of classes, and there are many DVD's available as well. You'd get fit, strong, toned, and keep your body healthy. I've done yoga for many years, and even when every other part of my fitness program fell apart, I never let up on my yoga routine.