Hello! New to the community

Options
Hello everyone, I joined this site because I want to eat healthier and exercise more. I have lost weight before without trying because I was sick and felt terrible because I was losing muscle. Then I got better and gained weight, but I feel better. This has convinced me that weight alone and being thin is not what makes me feel good about myself and my body. Although my BMI says I am obese, I feel better then I did when I was sick. Eating right and exercising will make me feel healthy and comfortable in my own skin, so that is why I joined. I thought if I track what I eat I could see where the problems are in my diet and then the weight will just come off. Also, tracking the calories burned from exercise is very motivating. I hope to make some friends along the way. :smile:

Replies

• ocsurfmama
    ocsurfmama Posts: 127
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I joined about 3 weeks ago and have found that tracking my food does really make me aware and conscious of my daily choices. I wish you success with your goals!

Donna
    Feel free to ad me as a friend if you'd like :)
  • jeffy84
    jeffy84 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hello,
    I know what you're saying, my focus is not actually on what I weigh but on my muscle/fat mass ratio.
    I am far more satisfied with that goal than on what I weigh on the scales.
    That and on reducing body measurements.
    So all the best, and add me if you want help motivating, I know i can always do with it
    :)
  • powerful54
    Options
    Hi I am powerful54 and i need help I was introduced to this sight by my sister inlaw who is trying to help me.
    I want learn how to eat better and lose some weight I have never been as heavy as I am now.