Women only!! Jumping jacks are now an issue??

Options
I'm doing the fitness test for P90x and during the jumping jacks I discovered that I have a problem doing them. Please tell me I am not the only one??:sad: I've had 2 kids but my baby is 7! My bladder is shot! I will never do jumping jacks in public.

Replies

• ashleyk_xox
    ashleyk_xox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My best friend has a problem with running-she has to wear a pad...if that makes you feel any better?
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    Sadly, you are not alone! :blushing: :ohwell: :grumble: :noway:
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Yep. I carried both my babies low...8.6 lb and 9.5 lbs... Get up usually twice a night too!
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I've had three kids and I used to be that way too, you really just have to build the muscles back up, try Kiegles (sp?) also my bladder has gotten way better since I started actually doing the jumping jacks regularly.
  • chasingskinny
    Options
    No you are not the only one. Lots of women have the same problem. Something about those lovely kids our bladders just don't like. :tongue: Wear a panty liner, and look forward to not having to do a whole lot of jumping jacks in the P90X workouts. (Friendly tip: you DEFINITELY will want a liner for plyometrics!) Have fun with P90X...it's a ROCKIN workout!
  • girlofsun26
    girlofsun26 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Its not just you..Before every workout I have to make sure I use the bathroom.Especially if I'm running...I have to remind myself to do the kegel exercises!
  • LYNNPETTY93
    Options
    I wish you well. I have a over active bladder when I drink too much water. And when I have to go.. I have to go. It's like I never empty all the way out. 3 kids and it only happens when I up my water intake... If I keep it at 64 I'm good.... And I hate wearing a pad to the gym for back up. But better be safe than sorry... Don't won't that oops at the gym..
  • ltlmsmrysnshine
    Options
    totally w u sister. it's a "trophy" along w stretch marks! lol but seriously yes, u r not alone!
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the wonderful world of motherhood. Unfortunately child birth, and being overweight both contribute significantly to this problem. Even Whoopi Goldberg seems to have it to based on the commercials--Poise pads-buy stock!!!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    OH GOSH THANKS FOR MENTIONING THIS LOL..... I thought i was the only one. Ya I have to make sure I use the bathroom before every workout and I make sure to wear a panty liner lol. I have 4 kiddos so yup imagine that :tongue: I heard doing kegels can help strengthen the muscles like some of the other ladies mentioned. Youre not alone!!
  • Shandke
    Shandke Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Yep...not alone! I know many that have this issue. Just an FYI....there is a surgery that can be done if the issue gets worse....like sneezing or not able to hold it etc....not a fun situation, but I think it's pretty common especially after kids. Mine are now 20 & 18....issue just started for me in the last couple of years.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    try nine babies, my friend-- jumping jacks are sooooo not happening.
  • Lori07
    Lori07 Posts: 136
    Options
    I got that too. I always skip the jumping jacks and just keep running in place sometimes I even use that time for a second bathroom break. Funny thing is I can do the X jump with out problems just not the jacks.
  • jene77
    jene77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I never did P90 but I did Insanity and I'm doing Turbo Fire right now LOTS of jumping and LOTS of pani liners :laugh: I used to be sooo frustrated and not give the workout my all because I was worried about the leak. Now I really don't mind, I'm at home so I empty right before and if there is a minute break in between the workout I try to empty real quick. Keep at it! I'd love to hear about your P90 results. I might have to give it a try :flowerforyou:
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    jumping jacks! I can't even sneeze or laugh too heartily ;-)
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    wait... what????!!!! How am I 30 and don't know that things like this happen after child birth? :laugh: Hang in there ladies!!!
  • Shawna_831
    Shawna_831 Posts: 316
    Options
    I feel sooooo much better!!:smile: I really thought my kids were too old for that to be the reason. It seems my bladder is getting worse the older I get. I thought that wouldn't happen till later....like 70s. :tongue:
  • mcewan07
    mcewan07 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    not the only one, just did my first shred workout, unfotunately since i wasn't plannifn on doing it i had no liners in the house.
    So i just went and got some toilet paper.

It also happens to me when im on the trampoline, running and so many other things.I tried doing the NHS recommended excercises to help tone up the area, but they never helped.
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Start your Kegel exercises ladies! It takes dedication but if you do them several times a day for a few months, you'll be able to squat and sneeze without any probs!
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Start your Kegel exercises ladies! It takes dedication but if you do them several times a day for a few months, you'll be able to squat and sneeze without any probs!

unfortunately Kegel's dont work for everyone, depending on many factors including infant size, birth trauma, ect, the damage is sometimes to great. Dont get me wrong every one should try to Kegel, but dont feel like a failure if they dont work for you. Surgery is an option, but most say it is usually only good for about 10 years before it has to be redone-depending on weight and general body anatomy. things like smoking, caffeine intake also affect the bladder neck and leakage. Good Luck to all.