Had minor surgery today and it's cutting into my workingout

Options
I'm so frustrated I've lost 5lbs (3 since joining MFP 1.5 weeks ago) and I've finally got myself up to running 30 minutes and burning at least 300 calories but usualy 330 calories and now I can't work out for at least 2-3 days and I'm scared it will ruin all of my hard work. I also have found myself unable to sit still. If I'm not chasing my 14 month old twins around (that's a cardio workout itself) I'm cleaning or cooking their baby food non stop. I just need to vent. I went over my calorie goal today by 25 cals I know it's not much but I haven't gone over once yet and today is the first day in WEEKS that I haven't worked out...
Grr I hope I heal in the minimum time they said...

Replies

• Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Coming into this as a c-section mom that stopped my percosets not even 48 hours out of the hospital. REST. Thats is the ONLY way you are going to heal on the quick end. If its really bothering you then focus on eating clean to keep your calories down, but remember your minimal calorie intake on here is based on a normal activity day for you NOT with your excercise.
  • Ash10Dent
    Ash10Dent Posts: 75
    Options
    I know how you feel! I had a laparoscopy for my endometriosis exactly 2 weeks ago. My doctor is a nut and told me 2 days after the surgery I could get back to working out and was not limited on lifting at all. Believe me I was way too tired to do anything for over a week so I just started over last week and now I feel great. You need to rest and just watch your calories. As long as you don't load up on junk food you should gain much..but I couldn't stop eating because I was bored so I didn't follow my own advice! lol. Oh well, I've lost 3 lbs since then and I'm not giving up this time. You'll be okay :D
  • mindfulmotion
    Options
    Don't worry about missing a couple workout days. It won't make any difference physically. It takes 2-3 weeks to start to de-condition from your current fitness level. Actually if you work out every day your body will likely benefit from a few days off. Rest is a key component of fitness. I am a Personal Trainer by profession so I speak from experience. Good luck!
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I've been sick this week and I've had a lot of trouble working out too. Best thing to do is try to eat clean. Remember you have a built in deficit. If you really feel antsy then do some small stuff- crunches, push ups, squats, or just stretch. Stretching buns calories too and gives your muscles a break. :flowerforyou:
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i feel your pain. i have abdominal surgery coming up on april 4 and have a minimum 4-week recovery time. i'm worried about how it will affect my workouts too. i have a half-marathon that i am training for in less that 10 weeks (my first one, i am very excited). i already had to miss a 15k in new york city with several friends and now i am worried i won't be prepared for this race. it is stressing me out a little bit.
  • MotherOfTwins2010
    MotherOfTwins2010 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I don't eat out and I eat organic like my kids so I need to just chill out. I do work out everyday so I guess my body could use a short break. I just hope it's that SHORT. It's not only about the weight it's about my health for the kids, Since I started this healthy lifestyle (I won't call it a diet it needs to be permenet!) my blood pressure has gone back to a very healthy level and I'm sleeping better and my stress levels have gone way down (I'm a single mom so it's stressful) I don't think 3 days from now my blood pressure will rise and I'll feel icky again. Thanks for the rational thinking I needed to hear! Besides chasing my amazing kids around is enough of a work out to make most people wiped out!! LOL