I feel so bad at the end of the day when

Options
I have to have 2 table spoon of peanut butter to fullfill my daily calorie requirement. I feel like crying and a big waste of calories but I don't feel like I have any other choice.

Do you do the same or just skip it and be deficient on your daily requirement? I am talking about 400-500 calories deficient.

Replies

• Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Oh heavens no!! I have had to do this a couple times and I LOVE peanut butter so I actually view it as a treat. I only eat natural peanut butter though where the only ingredients are peanuts and salt.
  • mektnf04
    mektnf04 Posts: 22
    Options
    If you don't feel you need it, why eat it?
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Plan!
    If you plan ahead for eating and exercising you won't end up surprised at being over/under at the end of the day.
  • Nkauj_Lis
    Nkauj_Lis Posts: 70
    Options
    I was under the impression that I must eat as close to my daily requirement as possible.
  • Nkauj_Lis
    Options
    Plan!
    If you plan ahead for eating and exercising you won't end up surprised at being over/under at the end of the day.

I try to plan but sometimes it never turned out the way I planned it. Or sometimes I just get into the rythm of exercise and don't want to stop then I end up burning more than I needed to.
  • mattb84
    mattb84 Posts: 4
    Options
    A lot of people think of your daily goals for nutrition as set in stone. They are guidelines and are also not exact for everyone. If you are a little above them one day and a little below them the next day it is more or less the same as you being right on both days.

Just make sure you are listening to your body. If your body says it doesn't want the peanut butter than skip it. If it is telling you it wants to go that extra mile at the gym go for it. Just don't push yourself further than your body wants to go.
  • misslizz6958
    misslizz6958 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    ya dont do that lol. trust me youll be fine
  • deverez
    deverez Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    What's so wrong with peanut butter?
  • jade3599
    jade3599 Posts: 22
    Options
    I have just begun this site... and I am a deficit of calories as well. I don't eat anything at the end of the day to make up for it, so am I supposed to>?
    I would like to know if you are losing weight doing the pb at nite? That would seem shocking to me- !
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that. I get all excited when I get to grab some non-PB2 peanut butter cuz I need the fat and calories. It's like the ultimate treat.

Last night I had two pieces of buttered toast and it was glorious and I delectably savored every bite. lol
  • fouchou09
    fouchou09 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I try and keep nuts on hand for when I need a quick calorie boost. Avocados are also a good source of food that's high in calories, but also good for you. Both options are high in fat, but they are good fats and don't have the added sugar and salt in PB.
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I was under the impression that I must eat as close to my daily requirement as possible.

Well, it depends.

- You can always zig-zag -- eat a little more one day, a little less the next.
    - If you've got a large deficit, be careful not to undereat. Where you are right now (though I don't know your height), I'd imagine anything above a 1 lb / week goal would be "large deficit" (see http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits)
    - If you've only got a small deficit, be careful not to overeat :) . But you'd notice.
    - If your calorie intake is low in absolute terms (let's say, below 1400/day), again, be careful not to under-eat.

For all of us, there should be a range of calorie intakes -- between, say, your BMR (more if you're active) and 200 calories below your needs (factoring in all exercise and general activity levels) that should be safe to target. Men (in general), highly active people and those who have a lot to lose do have the advantage of this range being a lot larger than, for example, small-framed sedentary women.
  • Nkauj_Lis
    Options
    You guys have been very helpful, thanks for all the suggestions. Avacado, I have to try that. And zig zagging sounds so interesting, I never thought about that. I have been following my requirements to the T and never can spruge on the weekend. Now, I have that option, kind of like banking your calories for a little more the next day.

Thanks alot.