New to MFP -- Day One!

Options
Hey gang. This is day one for me. I've gained 50 pounds over the past year due to two back surgeries. Also just had a checkup with the doc, and found that I'm pre-diabetic. That was enough to scare the bejeezus out of me. I actually came in a couple hundred calories under my goal for today, but it's only day one. I'm here to support everyone, and hope to get a little support in return. My hardest time (hunger-wise) is late evening. I've been told to not eat anything 3 hours before bed. I've tried drinking 32 ounces of water to fill my stomach, but I still find myself hungry. Any suggestions? I'll be happy to make new friends, so please don't be shy.
***Please feel free to add me as a friend**

Replies

• runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hello copperdave. :D As far as the eating at night goes, I'm totally with you on that one. D: I stay up fairly late studying, and after eating dinner at seven or eight pm, my stomach starts to rumble around midnight. Last night I tried something new: I was under calories, so at around ten pm, I ate a yogurt. Nonfat, organic, fairly healthy--and it filled me up until I went to bed at one am. Success. But other than that, I've found it to be a battle of wills. I try to keep myself from walking into the kitchen and staring at the refrigerator. It just hurts me. Haha.
  • copperdave
    copperdave Posts: 146
    Options
    Thanks for the yogurt advice. I'll have to try it. Sometimes the temptation is the worst!
  • _roka
    _roka Posts: 3
    Options
    your Right, it is never to late .. Keep up the good wrk :happy :happy:
    Just think your on day two tomarrow, Im' on day three.. kathy kesler
  • FoxAmber
    FoxAmber Posts: 2
    Options
    I save enough calories for a snack bag of popcorn while I'm watching tv. It doesn’t really "fill" you up but it's something to do late at night. Good luck, oh and really try to eat your set calories. Believe me if you don’t you'll feel really run down after a couple days and then you might be tempted to binge.
  • copperdave
    Options
    Thanks, Kathy, and good luck to you, too! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • copperdave
    Options
    That's great advice, Amber. I'll have to try the popcorn idea!