No Wheat, Meat, and Dairy

Options
Doctor told me I cannot eat anything that has wheat, meat or dairy. Anyone know any good recipies that I could have? Anyone else on a diet like this?

Replies

• Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    may I ask why he said this? Is it an allergy thing?
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Try the cookbook "Appetite for Reduction." It is low fat vegan. Many of the recipes are or can be made gluten free. I've made many of them and they are creative and tasty.

Good luck!
  • salcala
    salcala Posts: 19
    Options
    If you doctor has you on this for an extended period of time I would get a new doctor. There are alternatives for wheat and meat to get your nutriants but you need dairy. It's on the food pyramid, the government doesn't put that out just for fun.
  • AJSINK
    AJSINK Posts: 12
    Options
    Sounds like a renal diet maybe?? My husband is on the same thing and really has to watch his phospherous. The National Kidney Foundation has all kinds of resources. I hope this helps!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    If you doctor has you on this for an extended period of time I would get a new doctor. There are alternatives for wheat and meat to get your nutriants but you need dairy. It's on the food pyramid, the government doesn't put that out just for fun.

Dairy is overrated. why are we the only species on earth that drinks another animals's breast milk. not to mention that there are many alternatives. And are you aware that approx 75% of aults in the world are lactose intolerant? Many comes from african and asian countries. Japan has highest living age and does not have as a population as many with osteoporosis.
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Rinny_D
    Rinny_D Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I would say that wouldn't be forever. And dairy doesn't mean all dairy- maybe he means no cows milk or lactose? If that's the case you can have goats milk or something instead of cow milk or get something with less/no lactose (the sugar in milk). Also why no meat??? surely he doesn't mean no meat at all, there is all kinds of red meats, and white meats + seafood.

I don't think "no wheat, no meat, no dairy" is a very educated thing for a doc to say with little explanation or suggestions for alternatives, or even telling you to go see a dietician! 2nd opinion for the WIN!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    humans are the only species that drink from another animals tit...and there are more people in the world that can't digest dairy than those that can...
  • mEmissy
    mEmissy Posts: 2
    Options
    I have a very inflammed stomach so these foods create more acid in my stomach which leads to further pain and discomfort. im sure its not forever but until told otherwise i am going to stick with it. i have been eating this way for a few days now and can already feel an improvement.
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options

Nah, just to support our agricultural industry...
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options

Nah, just to support our agricultural industry...

Very true! There is nothing unhealthy about the diet that your doctor recommended. Quinoa is a great alternative to grains but you can manage quite well on other proteins, fruits and veggies. Soy, almond and rice milks are satisfying. I truly believe that I feel best when not taking in dairy and having very little meat.
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    There are so many alternatives today! Even in regular grocery stores. There are breads made from rice and other substitutes, even pizza wheat and dairy free. Tons of meat substitutes with soy, etc. I've lived without meat for 30 years with only great health to show for it. Dairy is over-rated as many have written here, and there are soy cheeses and yogurts. These are readily available and delicious if you feel the need to keep them in your diet. Once you start looking you should find lots to choose from.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    There are some resource suggestions in this thread posted by a user looking for help with a gluten-free vegan diet which would work for you since you cannot have meat, dairy, or wheat: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/191602-going-vegan-but-gluten-intol
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

Dairy is overrated. why are we the only species on earth that drinks another animals's breast milk. not to mention that there are many alternatives. And are you aware that approx 75% of aults in the world are lactose intolerant? Many comes from african and asian countries. Japan has highest living age and does not have as a population as many with osteoporosis.

sorry I should have read your post first before commenting lol I'm glad I was right! Although since being allergic to casein I have done my research :flowerforyou:
  • walkers345
    walkers345 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump
  • argintc
    argintc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have you been tested for Celiacs Disease??? It can be done by a blood test and really a colanoscopy is the true way to determine if thats it. I was diagnosed with it over 2 years ago because I had extreme stomach pains and also pains in my lower back as well. It took them over a year to diagnose me because at first they did think I was lactose and tolerant. But a blood test determined I had Celiacs. I stay away and Im highly allergic to wheat, barely, rye and oats but dairy is a huge part of my diet sometimes it can affect me if i have too much of it at one time but again with not being able to eat wheat a huge part of peoples everyday meals dairy is the one thing that I enjoy eating. Also I can eat any type of meat Im just cautious of the seasonings I put on it.
    I would ask for a second option or simply ask for doc to do a blood test for Celiacs. I had no idea thats what I had and once I got on a gluten free diet and have stayed on it religiously it has made me feel 100 times better!!!
    Goodluck and I hope all worksout for u!