Anyone in the A2/Ypsi area???

Options
I recently moved back up to Michigan after spending a few years in Central Florida. I'm looking for suggestions for fitness activities in the area. My fitness level is BEGINNER. I just started training for a half marathon that I'll be run/walking. I'm doing a 10K in June. I'm looking forward to the weather getting warmer so I can do some hiking &/or canoeing, etc...

I've been to the Botanical Gardens once. I haven't been to "The Arb", but have heard a bit about it. Anyone have any favorite haunts for walking or hiking, etc... Where do you like to go to work out.? Have a favorite gym in the area?

Just looking for ideas. Also... if anyone wants a walking &/or workout buddy... feel free to give me a shout out.

Thanks, Dana

Replies

• danielley515
    Options
    Planet fitness in ypsi is cheap and has a ton of cardio equipment!
  • StabR80
    StabR80 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am from saline and live in Canton now. I agree with the Planet Fitness idea! I dont go there but it seems everyone does :)
  • jonjon143
    jonjon143 Posts: 75
    Options
    If you're still searching for a workout buddy, check out WannaBuddy.com. The site is specifically designed to match up people who share a passion for an active lifestyle. Plus, there are thousands of parks and trails in a location-aware database for running/hiking and exploring. A great way to find a new workout buddy.
  • OhItsOn
    OhItsOn Posts: 36
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the info.

And I will check out the site and look up Planet Fitness.

:smile:
  • jkarnopp
    jkarnopp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The Washtenaw Community College Rec Center is open to the public and it is really nice. I used Planet Fitness until about a month ago, and for the price you can't beat it, but my girlfriend wanted aerobic classes and I liked the idea of having a pool to swim laps, so we switched to WCC Rec. It is also located right on the Border to Border Trail which is really nice for Biking and Running.