Carbs

Options
I keep going over my carb limit...I tend to stay under my calorie intake, but my carb intake is always in the negative....will this prevent me from loosing weight or do I just need to keep an eye on my calories?

Replies

• emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    Really great question - I'm managing to stay under my carb limit but only just - and that's with exercise too!

I wish I knew.
  • ajrpotter
    Options
    it depends what type of carbs they are.. eat all the veggies you want! these are the best carbs for you. Grains and pasta and carbs of that nature i would cut back a lot. under 100 grams a day of those kind of carbs will do you just fine.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Keeping my carbs in check is what finally got my belly pooch to start flattening out. So I'm definitely working on continuing to keep 'em down.
  • joaniegray
    joaniegray Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i am curious if others are like me re carbs. First, I don't eat over my limit but I do eat and crave carbs more in wintertime. Something about cold weather and carbs, they go together like a house and carriage??? I know in the summer I eat healthier carbs, local vegetables are finally back, etc.

So in the winter I do not try to go too low on carbs. I feel I need them. Does anyone know if there is any scientific truth to this or is it simply comfort food, lack of warm sunshine?
  • llovegrove
    llovegrove Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am staying at my Carb lmit but going way over on Dietary Fiber? Any suggestions?