Hi Im Mark this is the start of my story

Options
Hi!!
As above my name is Mark. Ummm what to write. I started out 10 weeks ago. A Bet was mad between 4 guys at work who could reach 82kgs the fastest my weight was 94.5kg, my start to the bet was shameful i put on 4.4kg what was i thinking

I was now 98.9kg extremely un-healthy and and obviously over weight! I had severe depression and had anxiety attacks on a daily basis :(

My first work out session was the biggest eye opener that iv had to date. I had no idea what i was in for my friend asked me to start crossfit with him and i thought id give it ago! We started by seeing what i could do. i managed about 3 x 5 pushups, some situps and about 200 squats (not to hard im on my legs walking all day retail!!!) I was pretty ashamed to be only able to do 15 push ups. We also did a swim session the next day which i managed 16 laps which took me about 45 minutes to complete.

Shall the path ahead be torturous!!!
For 6 weeks i have been working out 5 times a week. Doing various crossfit workouts and combining them with hour sessions
at the local pool. Eating very healthy and watching everything that goes in my mouth!

Iv had a couple of blow out days 1 bit of a bender for The GP and some mini dim sims got the better of me those little buggers are packed to the brim with calories!!! Note to self Dim Sims equal 2 laps at the pool!!!!

Well Today what can i say 6 weeks in to my new life i am 9.5kg lighter! I can now Push out 8x20 (160) push ups in a session!!
I can smash out an hour of intense cardio and strength work and want more!!! And this morning i swam 70 (25m) laps at the pool in 1.5 hours.

The Mark of today is Fit and strong and Happy! I have not had a single anxiety attack in 6 weeks. Iv had some sad days but id put them down to no excercise on that day!

So this is Me!! Iv still got a long way to go my goal is no longer 82kg but some where under 80kg or a wicked as six pack which ever comes first!
If you want to know more about me this is the start of my BLOG!
Cheers Mark

Replies

• janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Hi & welcome to MFP Mark! Sounds like you're on a very good path. Cal counting is the most impt thing in weight loss according to all the latest studies. I work out 4x per week on EA Sports Active 2 and it's a killer workout, but exercise is like the cherry on top. Cal counting is king....I've been doing really well too. You can see my food diary.
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    Hi Mark, welcome along and WELL DONE on what you have done so far, that's wicked! Keep it up and you will get to where you want to be pretty quick. It's a great community here, so supportive and motivating. :flowerforyou:
  • salbal70
    salbal70 Posts: 10
    Options
    Well done to you! I bet you are feeling HEAPS better with the 9 kgs gone! Keep up the good work. Feel free to friend if you want.
  • nmcgreen
    nmcgreen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm glad to hear the exercise thing gets better! I've been limping for days!
  • majicone
    majicone Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks all the replys!! Its nice to know there are people around that care !!!!!!! The Excercise gets better though iv had muscle tightness for 6 weeks but i enjoy it now! I use it as a gauge to how hard iv worked if im not sore the next day i know i could have done more!
  • FaithAnne1
    Options
    Coongrats Mark..That is great and your story is inspirational. Keep up thd great work and be proud of yourself.
  • mphwizzkid
    Options
    Keep Up the good work!

Working out was hard for me at first, but like you...i really enjoy it now!