scared

Hi I am new and scared about failing. I now that isn't the best attitude. But I have struggled with my weight for a long time and I have only done quick fixes before. I even lost 60lbs once but I did it with ephedrine and starving myself. I want to be healthy. My daughter is four now and I want to show her how to live right. I quit smoking and now I want to lose weight and be healthier and more active. I struggle with finding time between family and work to exercise, but I know that is another excuse.

Replies

• Hi I am new and scared about failing. I now that isn't the best attitude. But I have struggled with my weight for a long time and I have only done quick fixes before. I even lost 60lbs once but I did it with ephedrine and starving myself. I want to be healthy. My daughter is four now and I want to show her how to live right. I quit smoking and now I want to lose weight and be healthier and more active. I struggle with finding time between family and work to exercise, but I know that is another excuse.
  • Welcome!:smile:
    I also have a lot of weight to lose. I've lost weight then gained it all back and then some. One thing I think you really have to decide is that You are important and you must make time for you. I'm a husband and father, I know it's easier saying this as a male. But, I always tell my wife that she is the only one that can decide to do something. You have a tremendous amount of help and advice on this site. Make sure to use it to your advantage.
    God Bless and Keep looking up:flowerforyou:
    David
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    You can do this. Make the fear work for you. You want this for yourself and your daughter. Make that determination take you through this journey. We are glad you have joined us.

This journey is all of ours and you are not alone.

Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • I felt the same way, this site is a great confidence booster and reassurance.
    View the topic "THIS IS ALL NEW TO ME", under introduce yourself, we have been chatting about this since last nite.
    It is very hard to find the time for yourself, but you have to MAKE time is what everyone is telling me.
  • Thank you all for your encouragement! I need this!
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Scared of failing? Well if you can stop smoking you can do this!
    You have done it before, all be it not the healthy way, you CAN and WILL do it again.
    Try to remember that HERE there is no such thing as failure, There are SETBACKS, and OPPS moments and Why the heck did I eat THAT times, but this is not failure. these are stepping stones to where we want to be.
    :smile:
    As for the time factor, You are SO not alone there. But you are not trying to work out 6 hours a day here.
    try for 20 mins at a time.
    Or add steps to your day.
    Park as far away as you can. take the stairs, make 3/4 of your plate fruit or veggies, measure your food. Note one san of soup feeds 2 not ONE!
    And find exercises that you find FUN! Running up and down hills at the park with the kids is great.
    Takeing tennis can be fun. See where I am going with this?
    You can do it, and you have 1 million PLUS of us here to help you!
    --Diann... :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I relate to the fear. I've lost my weight and every day (even after a year) I'm afraid it will come back.

Patience with yourself and your journey.

You will do it.:flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    There may be days
    when you get up in the morning
    and things aren't the way
    you had hoped they would be.

That's when you have to
    tell yourself that things will get better.
    There are times when people
    disappoint you and let you down.

But those are the times
    when you must remind yourself
    to trust your own judgments and opinions,
    to keep your life focused on believing in yourself.

There will be challenges to face
    and changes to make in your life,
    and it is up to you to accept them.

Constantly keep yourself headed
    in the right direction for you.
    It may not be easy at times,
    but in those times of struggle
    you will find a stronger sense of who you are.

So when he days come that are filled
    with frustration and unexpected responsibilities,
    remember to believe in yourself
    and all you want your life to be.

Because the challenges and changes
    will only help you to find the goals
    that you know are meant to come true for you.

Keep Believing in Yourself!

~Author Unknown~
  • PattyH
    PattyH Posts: 34
    Me too, when I look at the BIG number in the "lbs to go" box it gets overwhelming, but I try to take it one day at a time.

Try to set small goals for yourself. That's what I do and then it doesn't seem quite so overwhelming! :tongue:

I've done the yo-yo dieting in the past and I KNOW it does not work to lose weight by dieting (quick fixes, starvation, etc) it has to be a lifestyle change. I have a 2 year old son and I don't want him to struggle with weight his whole life like I have, so it's time to GET HEALTHY!! :smile: :flowerforyou:

WE CAN DO THIS!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:

If you need to talk, just message me!! :smile:

Patty
  • JennaH
    JennaH Posts: 59
    I completely relate to how you feel. I have always been overweight, and the only ways I usually lost were unhealthy. I always gained back weight that I lost plus more, and now my health is starting to be affected. I am soooooo worried about it I have trouble sleeping at night sometimes, :frown: but I really feel that this site and especially this community is the best thing I could have ever found. Everyone here is so supportive and helpful, and for the first time I feel optimistic about having a healthier life. We all want you to succeed!!!

Try not to be overwhelmed with your past or with those GIANT goals. Focus on small, individual victories like deciding not to eat that cookie or walking for even five or ten minutes more than you did the day before. I find that if I go day by day and not stress about what I did the day before (it's in the past, learn from it and move on) it's easier and I feel more confident. You can work up to the big goals.

I am glad that other people are scared to. but WE CAN DO IT!!
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    I can also relate to you. I lost 50 lbs 3 years ago and it stayed off and then in one year i gained like 60 lbs back. I was so scared to retry but I was also more scared that I would reach 200lbs before I knew it. I also quit smoking.

Just have to do it a day at a time and convince yourself that goiing the extra mile to make the right choices is the best thing.