3 Day diet- 10lb loss

Options
Afternoon everyone,

I know this shouldn't be used as a long term diet and is generally frowned upon in the healthy dieting world but has anyone had any experience of the 3 day (sometimes called British Heart Foundation) diet? This is where you eat specific foods for 3 days and a chemical reaction (apparently!) helps you lose up to 10lbs in 3 days...

Thoughts/experiences/stories!?

Thank you! :) xxx

Replies

• iluvmine
    iluvmine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    then you gain 20 within the next 3 days.. JK.. never heard of it, but it doesnt sound healthy.
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    In my experience any diets or cleanses that claim to help you lose 10+ lbs in a week or a certain amount of days don't usually stick. I ended up losing the weight but gaining it all back because you basically end up starving yourself or your not getting the right amount of calories, nutrients, protein etc. I hope it stays off for you!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i dont know, most sites i read that have reviews for diets similar to this one, the wieght loss is normally mostly water weight. ive never tried a diet like this, so i dont know for sure, just what ive read. so who knows.
  • GabrielMaestas
    GabrielMaestas Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The science of that diet sounds a lot like a deprivation / ketogenic diet and leads to a weight rebound in roughly 85% of most dieters. I'm guessing the Heart Hospital place would promote the diet for their patients because they would have difficulty becoming active. I'd say its not sound for young people who are either busy and or able to exercise and workout with no medical conditions :o)
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    http://www.everydiet.org/diet/british-heart-foundation

Sounds like one to avoid......

Sue :smile: x
  • meshellmybell76
    meshellmybell76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    is this the one that includes hot dogs, vanilla ice cream and canteloupe??? lol. If so I tried it with my mom back in the 90's just for fun (before I really had weight to lose) I think we did lose a few pounds, not 10 though. Its all a matter of calories in/calories out. There is no magic food combination for weight loss. When its all said and done the calorie count for these days creates a deficit. It was a fun excuse to eat hot dogs and ice cream!
  • hwjssc
    hwjssc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have done a diet somewhat like that..I did loose 7 pounds...but quick to gain it back..good luck:)
  • mamato3babes
    Options
    I did a 6 day meal plan and lost 10 lbs... it was from Michael Thurmond's Makeover system! I NEVER gained it back either :)
  • Zeeba81
    Zeeba81 Posts: 58
    Options
    I did this about ten years ago and did lose 10lb (which was probably water weight) but I did it for a special occasion and I wasn't really overweight then either so putting it back on did not bother me.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I did this twice about 6 years ago, I did it two weekends in a row and lost about 14lb. I wento on to put on about 20lb, during the couple of weeks after though. Fair enough if you want a quick fix for an event, but its not good.

I edited to add, that after doing this i went back to eating pretty rubbish. So no clue if the weight would come back so fast if you continued eating good
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Also I am adding you, because i am dying to see how you get on :D
  • 247mumof5
    Options
    it will be good 2 see how u get on so im going 2 add you if it work 4 you and you dont gain the weight again i might give it a go good luck :D
  • sarahkorry
    Options
    Wish me luck! :)
  • marymoonpigUK
    Options
    Oooh good luck, will be following you!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Going to Morocco and getting Entamoeba histolytica has a vey similar effect.
  • fattybumchum22
    fattybumchum22 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ChunkyMag
    ChunkyMag Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I tried a similiar diet the one I tried was called the Sacred Heart Hospital Diet and you had to eat nothing but soup and vegs then soup with vegs and fruit and then soup and meat etc. I was on it for a week and I did lose 7 lbs however I was so sick of the soup and once I went off the diet I gained the 7 lbs right back. Not worth it in my opinion - the slow steady way is best. :ohwell:
  • Imthatg1rl
    Imthatg1rl Posts: 109
    Options
    Going to Morocco and getting Entamoeba histolytica has a vey similar effect.
    LOL!!!!! You just reminded me of the episode of 1000 ways to die where the lady ordered tapeworms from the internet, ingested them, lost weight and DIED.