Help? Losing inches but not weight!

Options
I started working out daily last week. I've been doing the 30 Day Shred and 3k runs on my off days. The scale hasn't moved one bit, but I've lost inches off my waist.

What's going on with my body?

Replies

• bethy1983
    bethy1983 Posts: 11
    Options
    your body may be holding water or building muscle which is heavier than fat so although you notice a loss ininches you might not see anything on the scales - good work on the inch loss though :)
  • MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You're probably gaining weight in muscles at the same speed as your loosing it in fat... Or something.
  • tiger87lilly
    tiger87lilly Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    How many caloires are you consuming? With taht much activity you my not be eating enough...I know it may sound odd but it's true. I am running 3-4 times a week and weight training 3-4 times a weeka as well, I stopped losing weight but was losing inches and got fustrated. I increases my calories but 200 and the weight started coming off again.

Don't get discouraged losing inches is a good thing, you may need to tweak your diet a little.

Hope that helps. Good luck
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    As long as your losing something than thats fine. I put weight on when I first started then it fell off again!
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I lose inches much quicker than weight too. Dont worry what the scales say; your doing great.
  • INSANITY43
    INSANITY43 Posts: 142
    Options
    Make sure that you eat your net calorie totals everyday....meet those calorie goals with healthy choices and you will see a difference.
  • indycello
    indycello Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem... I have hit a major plateu
  • kristanickerson
    kristanickerson Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Don't get too hung up on the scales if you're losing inches! If you're anything like most of us you're doing what you set out to do SHRINK! Congrats!!
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    i've actually gained a couple pounds, but am down about 5 inches. I'd rather be down inches than pounds personally! People don't see my scale, but they see me and thats what they notice! Good luck to you and remain encouraged!
  • chapsworth
    Options
    Keep going ! You are probably just toning up more than losing weight. Give yourself a bit more time and just keep a check on what you are eating.

A HRM has really helped me to know what I'm burning during exerecise.
  • sushi_kim
    sushi_kim Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow that was quick. Feedback is amazing on these forums.
    Thanks for each and every single reply! I'm so glad other peoples bodies react the same and if not, there were some amazing suggestions given. I'm going to give everything a try, and appreciate my loss.

THANK-YOU!!!!!!!!!!!