Breakfast makes me feel like puking

Options
Every morning after I eat breakfast iI feel like throwing up and just curl up with my school until the feeling goes away. Around 11o'clock I'm better but I really hate feeling like this every morning. Could it be taking my vitamins before eating? Does this happen to anyone else, or am I just really wierd? Any suggestions?

Replies

• crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    it's probably the vitamins. maybe try splitting up the times you take them at. i do find taking a multi vit on a empty stomach makes me nauseous and even sometimes when i've eaten a small meal
  • maggie122006
    maggie122006 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    try eating a lighter breakfast! :) xoxo
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hi. First, try skipping the coffee in the morning. Eat some whole protein, like a yogurt or an egg.
  • Awineburg
    Options
    ITS THE VITAMINS~ Ive dont that before and i felt the same way. Try taking them AFTER you eat and see what happens. Maybe just take them at night instead :) Hope you feel better
  • knurtslk
    Options
    taking vitamins on an empty stomach may be the problem. try eating first then take the vitamins 20 to 30 min after you eat.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Eat your breakfast, then wait a half hour to an hour and do the coffee and vitamins. Both those things on an empty stomach can cause problems.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Every morning after I eat breakfast iI feel like throwing up and just curl up with my school until the feeling goes away. Around 11o'clock I'm better but I really hate feeling like this every morning. Could it be taking my vitamins before eating? Does this happen to anyone else, or am I just really wierd? Any suggestions?

Probably the vitamins, try taking the vitamins with your largest meal of the day so you don't get this feeling.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Multi Vitamins make a lot of people feel sick! Some take them at dinner and some take half in the AM and half in the PM.
  • mkskippy24
    Options
    That has definitely happened to me several times after taking all my morning vitamins together. It didn't seem to matter meal size, or if I took my vits before or after the meal.

SO, the only thing that has helped me...... I know split my vitamins up throughout the day. Couple with Breakfast, couple with Lunch and couple with Dinner. I always take them during the meal, I eat a little, take the pills then eat the rest of my meal.

This has worked for me in solving the morning nausea bit I used to go through. Hope my suggestions help!
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    When I wasn't used to eating breakfast, it made my tummy unhappy. That eventually went away, but on some days I still have issues if I have coffee before anything else in my belly.

Try taking the vits with food or after eating and no coffee on empty tummy, like others said. If that doesn't help, look at what you are eating. Some things can be irritating to the stomach, so you may end up needing to switch up your food.

Hope you feel better!
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I'm not hungry at all until 11am, so I don't eat breakfast. I like a substantial evening snack and that's some of why. Yes it defies standard advice but it works for me and I'm winning my weight fight so poo on politically correctness.

You might try a pregnancy test, just in case.
  • GraciellaEsther
    Options
    Thanks everyone! since so many people said don't eat the vitamins and coffee before breakfast i will try that!! Thanks again!:wink:
  • GraciellaEsther
    Options
    You might try a pregnancy test, just in case.

Thanks but thats already out of the equasion!
    [/quote]
  • sandynx820
    sandynx820 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If I take any vitamins, especially ones that have iron in them, on an empty stomach, about an hour later I feel exactly like you describe! So now I take my vitamins each evening about 10 minutes AFTER I eat my biggest meal of the day. This usually works great for me!