Tiny Houses!

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
Just saw this on cnn:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/10/22/tiny.houses/index.html

Ok, call me crazy, but I think those things look freaking awesome.

Replies

• msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Just saw this on cnn:
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/10/22/tiny.houses/index.html

Ok, call me crazy, but I think those things look freaking awesome.
  • chelle1717
    chelle1717 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    His wife doesn't even live there! "They're designing a tiny house for her nearby." Haha, I'm cracking up! These little houses are super cute.
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I saw some that ranged from 65 sq feet up to a whopping 774 sq feet and I just love them. Imagine how easy they would be to keep clean. My husband and I have been downsizing our houses over the past several years as kids move out and maybe after the last one departs this summer we can downsize again. And the best part is that they are on wheels so we could constantly move and the kids could never find us.:laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I saw some that ranged from 65 sq feet up to a whopping 774 sq feet and I just love them. Imagine how easy they would be to keep clean. My husband and I have been downsizing our houses over the past several years as kids move out and maybe after the last one departs this summer we can downsize again. And the best part is that they are on wheels so we could constantly move and the kids could never find us.:laugh:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :noway: :laugh:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I love this! Thanks for posting! I live in 600 sq ft with my husband, two children, dog, cat and my business. Our city has ridiculous real estate prices and most people live in small homes as in many areas of Europe. We love our little place and it was fun to read about just how small some people go!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

ditto to :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :noway: :laugh:

I'm really trying to purge my household of 'stuff'. We don't NEED so much room, but oh we WANT it.
    My grandmother always use to say, "Your wants won't hurt you."
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Just read the full article. That thing has TWO STORIES?!?!

In California where temperatures are mild, that thing might fly, but not in more 'average' climates. My parents lived in their 26' camper (NICE) for a few months during the fall into winter in Wyoming while their home was being constructed. There was NO insulation. It was freezing cold and the wind whipped around, making the floors freezing as well. The bathroom was tiny, and required a lot of adjusting to be able to muster the word "comfortable" to describe it.

I think it's a great thought -- to live minimalistically and not worry with keeping up with the Joneses, but this seems a bit extreme and not very practical for most. What happens when these folks age a bit and can no longer climb the ladder to their loft bed? They will have to 'expand' into a one story ... uh... shanty. LOL
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

:cry: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I live in 1200 square feet and everyone comments on how small it is! We bought it as a starter home, then the kids left, so I guess it can be our retirement home too!

I think it would be great for a his and hers. That way :devil: I would always know where my remote is!!