Help chinese Food

Options
AdoraK
AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
So tommorrow is my last day at work and they want to get a lunch for me from Chopsticks a Chinese Restaurant. I went on there web site and there is no nutritional information. What should I get that would be low in calories and salt? Any ideas?

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    nothing. ha, ha. I am not sure. your safest bet may be veggie lo mein? even then so much soduim.
  • bas27
    bas27 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    honestly if i were you, i wouldnt eat the whole meal. i would drink a ton of water and make sure to get an awesome workout in. chinese food is my biggest weakness and i know its horrible for me so IF i do get it i make sure i wont get on the scale the next day lol. good luck!!
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Chicken and broccoli......my fav!
  • bas27
    bas27 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    nothing. ha, ha. I am not sure. your safest bet may be veggie lo mein? even then so much soduim.

exactly!!!!! lol
  • promiseskept
    Options
    I love sushi and that is a good range for calories and sodium.
  • Sonya381
    Sonya381 Posts: 5
    Options
    www.suite101.com/content/lowcalorie-​lowfat-chinese...

The above link might help. Good Luck :happy:
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    If it's your last day and they are taking you out or ordering for you, isn't it reasonable that they order from somewhere your comfortable eating...I'm just saying... :laugh:
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Most places have some sort of steamer meal (chicken and veggies, shirmp and veggies) with brown sauce that comes on the side. It isn't cooked with oil and you can control the amount sauce you use. However, if you don't eat Chinese food a lot and love it (I am assuming you do since your work wants to get you food from there) then I say stay away from the fried foods and get something that you will enjoy. Just fill up on egg drop soup (not too bad for you) and don't eat the entire entree. I have found that depriving myself makes me binge more later so I just eat things in moderation when I want and make sure I make up for it later. Ex) Get a workout in, and eat a lighter dinner.

Also, drink a lot of water. ALL chinese food has a crazy amount of sodium.
  • KBriggs09
    Options
    Hey,

Ok so chinese food is my kryptonite so I totally understand! LOL =)

Key thing is to stay away from the lo mein! Between the sauce, sodium, and noodles it's out of control. Chinese food period runs high in sodium.

Chicken or Shrimp w/broccoli is a good option but make sure to do sauce on the side. Essentially it's steamed broccoli and chicken, also if they have brown rice that's a great option if not the white sticky rice is surprisingly reasonable in calories. Sauce on the side allows you to be really careful with just how much you put on there without losing taste! As a previous poster recommended, definitely make sure you're getting your water.

Hope this helps!
  • cheangela
    cheangela Posts: 173
    Options
    If you get a vegetarian or lean meat/veg meal and ask for the sauce on the side you're less likely to feel like crapski afterwards. Dip fork in the sauce here and there to make it not so bland. Skip the white rice, it does nothing for you. Nothing with noodles, they are bathed in oil and way too high in fat.
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    garlic chicken. it's not fried and you get tons of yummy broccoli!! skip the egg roll and maybe just a little rice. eat white instead of the fried rice, less sodium.
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is Hot and Sour soup. According to the info from my fave restaurant, it only has about 100 calories per cup. I find it to be very satisfying when I'm craving Chinese. Good luck, and have a nice lunch!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Get whatever you like, but order it steamed, with no MSG or salt. Then also get the sauce on the side. You can just dip each bite into a tiny bit of sauce and get the same taste, and it cuts out a LOT of calories!