carbohydrate-rich, portable snack?

Options
Does anyone know of a carbohydrate-rich snack I can carry around in my running bag? I eat lunch at about 11:30 and don't get started running until about four, so of course I'm always hungry. I stop at the park and run on my way home from work, so my only options for food are drive-thru (counter productive, for sure) or whatever I can keep in my car and eat on the way. Any advice would be appreciated!

Replies

• realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Extend Bars are created for diabetics but are fabulous for your purpose and are delicious! Target carries them, Ralph's. You can check their website for stores or online retailers that have good deals. They are in the database here if you want to check out the cals.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    An orange or banana works well.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Banana? Small piece of Malt loaf?
  • Maztastic
    Maztastic Posts: 43
    Options
    Banana. They come complete with their own packaging too. How good is that.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I was thinking a banana as well. Throw some peanut butter in your car and you have a bit of protein to go along with it!
  • jacobschwarz
    jacobschwarz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Many of the Atkins diet snacks are good. Lots of fiber and protien. Reletively inexpaensive as well.
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Kashi granola bars. Yum.
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    I was thinking a banana as well. Throw some peanut butter in your car and you have a bit of protein to go along with it!

This!!
  • Maztastic
    Maztastic Posts: 43
    Options
    .... Small piece of Malt loaf?

If only I was that restrained. When I start on a malt loaf I can't stop until it's all gone (admittedly I normally only have one after a long session of aerobic exercise).
  • dandydalek
    dandydalek Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone--great suggestions! ^.^