Help, over ate!!!

Options
:frown: So i know its no excuse, but PMS is getting the best of me today....I work in a docotors office and there is always some type of celebration going on with all types of junk food... And guess what, i ate way too much food and feeling pretty upset about it. I guess tomorrow is a new day...:frown:

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    One thing I learned throughout all these years is not to beat myself up if I slip. You will learn from it and do better next day. Trust me. :)
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    it happens to the best of us, whatever 1 day does not kill you, get on the bandwagon and tomorrow is a new day to start fresh.
  • Laelee
    Laelee Posts: 36
    Options
    That's exactly true,don't beat yourself up. Tomrrow will come and you'll get another go at it.
    It's ok! Hugs,Lael
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Thats right tomorrow is a new day! Take a deep breath, relax, hormones arent an exscuse but a decent reason. Maybe try to spend an extra 10 minutes at the gym? But dont beat yourself up we ALL do it!

I had a bad moment with my son yesterday (Demanding his daddy when daddy has Never existed for him :/) and wanted to drown myself in my bag of sweethearts, I went to the gym for the second time I only made it 30 minutes but when I got home I ate about 20 pieces instead of the whole bag and felt amazingly better.
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    It happens to the best of us! The best thing is to begin again tomorrow and dont beat yourself up so much. :smile:
  • HBean
    HBean Posts: 55
    Options
    I had the same kind of day as you I think. I over-ate by 700cals BUT I thought, tomorrow is another day and as long as I keep today as a one-off it wont make any difference to my long-term goals.

Hope you feel better soon :flowerforyou:
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I always over exercise if I over-eat, it bothers me to go to bed over calories...but, If I have been drinking, I just suck it up, lol
  • susancelli928
    Options
    We have all been there and we have all beaten ourselves up about it. Just use your own words of advice if it was someone you knew who did the same thing, Its going to be okay and just change it tomorrow
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Just don't keep doing it. :laugh:
    And one thing I found useful is I would think what went wrong and how I could avoid it next time. :smile:
  • emma44ny
    emma44ny Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I always over exercise if I over-eat, it bothers me to go to bed over calories...but, If I have been drinking, I just suck it up, lol

That is exactly how I feel!! :) As much as alcohol certainly "counts", I'm generally over it quickly :)
  • precious71701
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself...I know myself..and I know that realistically speaking for myself...1200 calories everyday....isn't gonna happen...Just exercise more for the rest of the week and some of it will balance itself out...You will be fine...Tomorrow is another day...Good Luck
  • emd0019
    emd0019 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Something I read in a magzine (which may or may not of been truthful) is after you over eat if you try to drink a lot of water it helps to flush out the excess sodium which is usually in the foods we tend to overeat (pizza, fried chicken, etc). That way the next day you won't feel as bloated. I've never tried it, like I said I read it in a magazine.
    :smile:
  • Kellg03
    Kellg03 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's gonna happen. Just get back on track tomorrow. You'll be fine ;-)
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I work in a hospital. You'd think we would be healthy, right? Wrong. That dang break room is a calorie mine field. I've learned to bring my own snacks and just stay away!
  • kels67
    kels67 Posts: 41
    Options
    Thanks for the support!:bigsmile:
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    What do you feel guilty for? You are not hurting anyone and have nothing to be ashamed of so how much nicer would it be to be kind to yourself for one night? Think of it as a cheat day and concentrate on how it makes your body feel (bloated, sick, happy) rather than how many calories you just had. You are more likely to stick to your lifestyle change with the odd treat/cheat rather than a punishing, unhappy diet. I say enjoy it and get back on the wagon tomorrow looking at waht caued you to do it and deal with that insteade...but then I have just subsidised my salmon tonight and inhaled a medium peri peri chicken pizza and feel sick now haha!! And I enjoyed every last crumb!! x
  • WeatherGurl1129
    WeatherGurl1129 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This happened to me yesterday! I normally over eat on the weekends, but I try to be good during the week. Well night before last I stayed up late watching TV and recovering from an intense spin class and a busy day at work. Yesterday I was dragging so bad and considered forgoing exercising altogether. I managed to put in an hour on the Wii, but I over ate at lunch and had an ice cream bar before bed. :frown: Today I feel bloated and just a mess, but I've already planned out my day today and I should gain those calories back.

Bottom line: we all mess up, but the key is how you respond to it. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep going like it's Day 1 all over again. Sometimes a fresh start is just what you need to get over plateaus and bad days. :wink:
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I work in a doctors office as well and boy do we know how to celebrate anything! Potluck yesterday for Doctor's Day...bad, bad, bad. I started out well, then kept at it and before I knew it....I over ate big time! my punishment? feeling like crap the rest of the day. I honestly felt drunk....and not good drunk either! queasy, dizzy, headache....

Oh, and today is breakfast potluck....gues who is avoiding the breakroom!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    :frown: So i know its no excuse, but PMS is getting the best of me today....I work in a docotors office and there is always some type of celebration going on with all types of junk food... And guess what, i ate way too much food and feeling pretty upset about it. I guess tomorrow is a new day...:frown:

I have a few friends who have the same problem. They told the Rep's "if their going to bring food, it has to include healthy options and salad". When they have birthday's they bring Cupcakes. One per person. ( portion control)
    That way the girls who want to watch what they are eating have something to eat besides high calorie fatty foods.
  • kittybitz79
    kittybitz79 Posts: 213
    Options
    I work in an accountants office and it is tax season. I feel your pain but one day WILL not hurt you. You just have to remember that tommorrow is a new begining. You are strong enough to do this!