Booze!!!

Options
What is the best cocktail drink...i've been doing Jack Daniels or Crown Royal with Coke Zero since i've cut back on beer. Any suggestions?

Replies

• rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    vodka and soda water, but one that I saw on here the other day that looked yummy was vanilla vodka and diet coke. I'm gonna try it....soon. lol
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm a lightweight drinker...I just like it to calm me down when high strung and stressed out (which is often...tis life) But I like a lime margarita wine cooler with a Berry 5 hour energy drink....other wise any alcohol puts me to sleep lol I absolutely love it! I'm chilled and aware.
  • fitkitty1
    fitkitty1 Posts: 56
    Options
    Gin and tonic with lime :-)
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    vodka and soda water, but one that I saw on here the other day that looked yummy was vanilla vodka and diet coke. I'm gonna try it....soon. lol

Those two are my favs!! :)
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    Skinny Mojitos! Use light bar syrup instead, or as I do...make a bar syrup by heating up splenda and a bit of water.
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I love to mix powerade0 with vodka - my favorite has been whipped cream vodka and orange powerade - tastes like a dream bar. I usually drink beer - select55, lightest calorie around......beware, very low alcohol content though. I don't mind it - I mix shots of powerade and vodka (half shot vodka) and drink beer - I get buzzed enough, and don't *kitten* out or feel like crap in the morning. :-)
  • jjkissinger
    Options
    I find that Scotch and water at about 64 cal per shot is the best for me. Don't forget to use the shot glass to measure. If you are like me you might over-pour yourself.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I just drink beer, but less of it.
    Guinness has 125 cals/ 12oz
    Amstel Light 95 cals/12oz
    Coors Light 102 cals/12oz
    Budweiser 143 cals/12 oz

I go with the Guinness, lower in cals than other regular strength beers, and no watery taste of the lite beers.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Vodka Water with a lemon.
  • Steph70508
    Steph70508 Posts: 110
    Options
    Margaritas are my favorite, but now I try to only have a glass or two of red wine (8oz meausured max). I can justify my alcohol because red wine is good for my heart! Lol :tongue:
  • jchecks
    jchecks Posts: 133
    Options
    for me its a wine spritzer all day long! wine (white or red whatever your preference) and seltzer and add a lime or lemon to it! super light! other go to's would be rum and diet (clear rum) or vodka seltzer with lemon!
  • triets
    triets Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Vodka & soda is the best "calorie-wise" adult beverage that i've seen . (64 cals/drink)
  • justmegan82
    Options
    This is such a great topic!! Thanks for all the suggestions! My "diet" goes out the window when I go to the bar. Part peer-pressure, part not knowing what to order. Very appreciative everyone!!!
  • triets
    triets Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    CHEERS!
  • terrilien21
    Options
    I love any kind of flavored vodka with water and a twist of lemon or lime (watermellon is my favorite!). Vodka with crystal light is awesome too. If I go out I like to carry the little packages with me and put them in my drink.
  • MrsWendyQ
    MrsWendyQ Posts: 125 Member
    Options

vanilla vodka & diet coke sounds delish...I'm gonna have to try that!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I drink vodka tonic, or gin and tonic with lemon or lime. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE white wine. I was so suprisied when I move to VA to find out they make great wine. Most types of white wine have about 100cals per 4-5oz
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options

vanilla vodka & diet coke sounds delish...I'm gonna have to try that!
    This is a great choice - Called a "Yummy" by my friends and me. You can also use diet cherry or diet vanilla coke to add more flavor.
  • egaldaco
    egaldaco Posts: 8
    Options
    Hope all the below makes sense BUT One Bacardi and Diet Coke has 66 calories or

Hard Liquor Calories Carbs Per 1.5-oz Serving
    Vermouth 32 0.2 g 64 calories, 0.4 g carbs
    Coconut Rum 51 5.3 g 77 calories, 8 g carbs
    Beefeater® Gin 65 0 g 98 calories, 0 g carbs
    Rye Whiskey 69 0 g 104 calories, 0 g carbs
    Scotch Whiskey 69 0 g 104 calories, 0 g carbs
    White Rum 69 0 g 104 calories, 0 g carbs
    Vodka 69 0 g 104 calories, 0 g carbs
    Cognac 69 2 g 104 calories, 3 g carbs
    Tequila 69 5.3 g 104 calories, 8 g carbs
    Gilbey’s® Gin 79 0 g 119 calories, 0 g carbs
    If you’re going to drink liquor, use calorie-free mixers like diet soda or diet tonic water.

Wine Calories Carbs Per 5-oz Serving
    Chardonnay 20 0.4 g 100 calories, 2 g carbs
    Pinot Grigio 20 0.4 g 100 calories, 2 g carbs
    Zinfandel® White Wine 20 0.4 g 100 calories, 2 g carbs
    Cabernet Sauvignon 20 0.8 g 100 calories, 4 g carbs
    Merlot Red Wine 20 0.8 g 100 calories, 4 g carbs
    Each 5-ounce glass would then be 100 calories with no cholesterol, sodium or fat.

Beer Calories Carbs Per 12-oz Serving
    "Light" Beer 9 0.5 g 108 calories, 6 g carbs
    Draft Beer 12 1.1 g 144 calories, 13.2 g carbs
    Lager 14 1.1 g 168 calories, 13.2 g carbs
    Ale 18 1.1 g 216 calories, 13.2 g carbs
    Choosing light beers will drop your caloric intake without sacrificing much flavor

Liqueur Calories Carbs Per 1.5-oz Serving
    Chocolate Liqueur 103 11 g 155 calories, 17 g carbs
    Mint Liqueur 103 11 g 155 calories, 17 g carbs
    Peppermint Liqueur 103 11 g 155 calories, 17 g carbs
    Strawberry Liqueur 103 11 g 155 calories, 17 g carbs

Good luck!
  • wendyleffingwell
    Options
    I like Bourbon (Makers Mark or Weller if I can get it) on the rocks or Scotch with water. I order a bottle of water, too, then add a little to my drink to stretch it as the evening progresses. We are usually dancing, so the water is nice to have there so I don't gulp the drink from being thirsty.