Canned Tuna

Options
kmparks24
kmparks24 Posts: 198
Hello, All! I think I remember reading a topic about canned tuna and recipes but I can't for the life of me find it. I have a can at home and want to make something different and YUMMY! Any ideas? :happy:

Replies

• vayax
    vayax Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    mixed it with some cream of mushrroms and some onions and red peppers. cook for a couple of minutes, trasnfer to a baking dish put some grated parmesan on top and broil it for a little bit ;) with rice or on top of a toast is delicious
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Tuna w/ water (not vegi oil) I love it!

I do some really simple stuff with it though
    Tuna, Mayo, Relish and chopped celery. It makes an amazing sandwich, or wrap it up in a tortilla! Surprisingly Walmart (Great Value) Tortillas are the best I've found! only 60cal per - This makes my lunch around 250~ cal for 3 tuna delight filled Tortillas.

Best of luck!
  • SakanaUshi
    Options
    I was digging through the fridge, trying to figure this very thing out the other day. What I ended up doing was dumping the drained tuna in a bowl, adding a serving of Olde Cape Cod Fat-Free Sesame Ginger dressing and a scant teaspoon of crushed garlic. I put that in a pita pocket with some spring mix, and voila--a new twist on tuna salad!
  • ultimategar
    ultimategar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    some simple ideas:
    tuna salad: can tuna, celery, red onion, gherkin, jalapenos, low fat natural yogurt.
    tuna pie: saute onion add a can of tomotoes, tuna (chili), (capers), top with mashed potato/sweet potato, bake.
    tuna fish cake: tuna, mash potato, chilli, onions, (coriander)light mayo, mix it all up and bake or saute, serve with a little sweet chilli sauce.
  • sexipepsi
    sexipepsi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    how bout making a simple tuna pasta?By changing around the ingredients you use you could end up with a variety of different versions. BTW I use whole pasta, veggies, my favorite canned tuna in water [of course] and well a little regular mayo [not too much]. You end up with a really fulling meal.
  • kmparks24
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Tuna Pasta Salad is goign to be the winner for tonight simply because I have all ingredients needed at home :) I looked at that older thread and WOW! There are some great recipes!

Thanks to all!!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Do not ask me why I have this saved in my favorites, it may uncover some wierd and hidden meaning about me.

http://tunathewonderfish.com/
  • cocobeenie
    Options
    If you happen to have kim chi (korean spicy fermented cabbage) this is an awesome high protien idea..

Lightly saute about a quarter cup of kim chi with two minced garlic cloves and a splash of soy sauce. When the delicious roasted kim chi smell wafts up to you, add the drained tuna and stir. Next, add two egg whites but dont stir it so that it cooks in chunks mixed into the tuna and kim chi. Once the eggs are cooked, you're done! This is really flavorful and super filling and only about 300 calories. I want a bowl right now...
  • kmparks24
    Options
    If you happen to have kim chi (korean spicy fermented cabbage) this is an awesome high protien idea..

Lightly saute about a quarter cup of kim chi with two minced garlic cloves and a splash of soy sauce. When the delicious roasted kim chi smell wafts up to you, add the drained tuna and stir. Next, add two egg whites but dont stir it so that it cooks in chunks mixed into the tuna and kim chi. Once the eggs are cooked, you're done! This is really flavorful and super filling and only about 300 calories. I want a bowl right now...

THIS SOUNDS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to have to buy some Kim Chi... Holy bajeez this sounds lovely! I keep Eggwhites in my fridge as a staple for Eggwhite ommelettes. Next stop? GROCERY STORE!
  • Laelee
    Laelee Posts: 36
    Options
    Last night, I whizzed up some cottage cheese and made tuna melts, very healthy and low calorie too yet tasted super creamy and rich!
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Ok..I don't know if I'm the only one but I never eat tuna. I really wish I could, but I can't.

And this will sound weird and most people do not believe me, but 9 out of 10 times I've attempted to make a tuna salad, I find something in the can....scale usually...or something that just doesn't belong there. I am the ONLY one I know who has ever had this happen to and I've tried SEVERAL different brands. I even meticulously run it under water over a collandar and use my fingers to break it down to double check for stuff like that and I'll still find things! lol

Someone please tell me I'm not the odd one here!!!

I may try again sometime due to the fact that tuna can be an excellent go to protein source when your strapped for time...but I was just curious.

:brokenheart:
  • Tamara981
    Tamara981 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like to take a baked potato and add a little bit of tuna shredded cheese and salsa to it. It is delish!