Jump Rope exercises?

Options
Does anyone have a jump rope routine? Here is mine but I need a new one.

4 rounds
4 mins - jump 30 x's and mark on paper
1 min - Leg up/downs (one ab exercise)

Then repeat 4 times and there is 20 mins.

At the end of your work out you tally up the amount of jumps/skips for each round. Its fun bc the next week you try to beat it. So you are competing with your self!

Replies

• sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I think BodyRockers (Zuzana) (not sure about the spelling) has jump rope routines.
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    Ooooooo,.. I've been eyeing jump ropes at the store lately. I think it would be fun! Do you get a good burn from it?
  • granbarrant
    granbarrant Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • granbarrant
    granbarrant Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Actually it looks easy but 1 to 2 min my first time was brutal. It is one of the best cardios out there, I highly recommend it!!
  • Hammie18
    Hammie18 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I like this one from FitnessBlackBook:

* Jump Rope for 3 minutes to warm up
    * Rest for 30 seconds
    * Jump rope as quickly as possible for 60 seconds
    * Rest for 30 seconds
    * Jump Rope as quickly as possible for 60 seconds
    * Rest for 30 seconds
    * Repeat this alternating pattern for 15-20 minutes
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    I think BodyRockers (Zuzana) (not sure about the spelling) has jump rope routines.

That is her jump rope routine! lol :)
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I've started doing some jumprope exercises recently. I've never been a "jumpropper" but I've gotten alot better recently. Here are some things to vary your routine.

Get yourself 2 types of ropes, one is your typical thin jumprope, a speedrope and the other is a heavyrope.

Go to Home Depot or Lowes and get yourself a piece of that yellow nylon rope that's long enough to jump rope with. Wrap the ends with some duct tape so it wont unravel and use it. It's a different workout.

With the speedrope I jump one footed. I try to get into a rhythm of 3 hops on one foot, then 3 on the other, back and forth.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    I've started doing some jumprope exercises recently. I've never been a "jumpropper" but I've gotten alot better recently. Here are some things to vary your routine.

Get yourself 2 types of ropes, one is your typical thin jumprope, a speedrope and the other is a heavyrope.

Go to Home Depot or Lowes and get yourself a piece of that yellow nylon rope that's long enough to jump rope with. Wrap the ends with some duct tape so it wont unravel and use it. It's a different workout.

With the speedrope I jump one footed. I try to get into a rhythm of 3 hops on one foot, then 3 on the other, back and forth.

I have been jump ropping for years. My grandfather use to teach me to box so I have always loved the jump rope. I have tried so many different jump ropes and finally found one that I love from ****s sporting goods. I hate actual "rope" jump ropes (not fast enough for me) and leather has a devine hate for me lol. Speed ropes are my fav. Nylon rope? hmmm interesting. I will check it out.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    You want the thick thick nylon rope, maybe the diameter of a dime (up to a nickle). It's going to be heavy and you won't be able to go very fast with it without some good effort (that's where it's a challenge).
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    Now I am def interested. Thats good for your arms too!