Breakfast (I am desperate!)

Options
ZekeandKyliesMom
ZekeandKyliesMom Posts: 71 Member
I need ideas for breakfast, I always forget to eat in the mornings.
To give a little more info my morning routine consists pretty much of rolling out of bed grabbing my coffee and walking out the door.

I am beyond lazy in the mornings, I have tried really I have but I cannot drag my butt out of bed until I absolutly have to.

So I need something that involves very little prep time, very little effort and possibly some recipes or things that I can bring to work and leave in the freezer for when I forget.

Please help!

Replies

• seobstar
    seobstar Posts: 169
    Options
    how about just buying some of those Protein bars (there are tons of brands) and the all you have to do is roll out of bed, grab your coffee and protein bar and then go! =)
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have mini bagels and light cream cheese at work just in case I forget breakfast. But I usually grab some fruit, or toast and jam, and those special k bars are really fast and yummy.
  • seobstar
    seobstar Posts: 169
    Options
    the Think Thin brand is GREAT/all natural, etc....they sell them at Trader Joe's and other healthy type stores
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Cereal, oatmeal, fruit, boiled eggs, smoothie, breakfast bar,
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Bump!

I'm the same way - not quite the morning person but I *know* I need the calories in the AM. During the week I usually do coffee + yogurt, occasionally a frozen breakfast thing (if I have enough time to microwave...lol) and sometimes a protein bar. I prefer eating a couple hours after I wake up so I'll take something like pita/hummus for a mid-morning snack..
  • ZekeandKyliesMom
    Options
    how about just buying some of those Protein bars (there are tons of brands) and the all you have to do is roll out of bed, grab your coffee and protein bar and then go! =)

That is right up my ally! Do you have any favorites you would recommend?
  • stephmn
    stephmn Posts: 18
    Options
    My mornings are the same way! I always keep the following at the office: a box of instant oatmeal, 2-3 containers of yogurt, a week's worth of fresh fruit, and a box of low-fat granola. That gives me something quick I can eat at my desk, but also some options for switching it up. This morning I grabbed a yogurt and 1/2 c of granola. Then, I'll likely grab an apple mid-morning. Good luck! :)
  • lphoenix129
    Options
    I'm the same way. I finally decided to buy breakfast stuff and leave it at work. I bought a half gallon of milk, a box of cereal, and some instant oatmeal. So every morning when I come to work, I just pull out my bowl, and breakfast, and get my day started. This morning however was a little different. I cut up a grapefruit before I left the house.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I love my Fiber Plus bars....definately recommend the chocolate peanute butter and dark chocolate with almond ones. They are always my go to for breakfast..and I usually have them with a yogurt or piece of fruit on the run.
  • TAMMY_76
    TAMMY_76 Posts: 199
    Options
    if you like smoothies i came up with a smoothie thats great for breakfast...i put it on a post its calle pomegranate berry smoothie and it is soooo yummy
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    i eat eggo nutrigrain whole wheat waffles if im in a hurry and have to eat while running out the door. 2 waffles 120 calories and some spray butter. 5 sprays is 0 calories. or a nutrigrain bar. 120 calories and they are pretty filling too.
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options

That is right up my ally! Do you have any favorites you would recommend?

I love the Adkins Advantage Chocolate one with caramel. it is not the most "healthy or natural" but it is yummy!!
  • ZekeandKyliesMom
    Options
    Cereal, oatmeal, fruit, boiled eggs, smoothie, breakfast bar,

I have tried cereal and oatmeal, I just cannot force myself to do it though. Don't know why, I loved it when I was prego but now the texture of it just turns my stomach.

The boiled eggs would be good and the smoothie too. Any good recipes for smoothies that I could make a bunch of and freeze?
  • Allspach
    Allspach Posts: 1
    Options
    A couple boiled eggs. You can boil them at night and keep them in the fridge.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I need ideas for breakfast, I always forget to eat in the mornings.
    To give a little more info my morning routine consists pretty much of rolling out of bed grabbing my coffee and walking out the door.

I am beyond lazy in the mornings, I have tried really I have but I cannot drag my butt out of bed until I absolutly have to.
    Please help!

This described me to a "T" up until 3 weeks ago. Now I've just finished my scrambled eggs and am having yogurt before I walk out the door. How did I do it?

I started by getting up just 5 minutes early and putting together a breakfast I could eat in the car; fruit, crackers, toast w/peanut butter etc.

Then I got up 10 minutes earlier (15 minutes earlier than my original wake up) and had that same breakfast at home.

Then, with the help of my husband, I got up 15 min. earlier (30 minutes earlier than my original wake up) and he fixed breakfast for me.

Now, I fix breakfast myself and husband gets to sleep in a little.

I had a couple of days where the thought of eating made me a little nauseous. I just went back to fruit and crackers for a day or two.

I broke a habit of 30+ years. You can do this!
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    On Sundays, I make "egg muffins" and then they are good for the week. You can freeze them too.

4 whole eggs, 4 egg whites, beaten
    1-2 tsp. seasoning salt of your choice
    1/2 cups grated low fat cheese (I like sharp cheddar or a blend of cheddar/Jack cheese, use less cheese if using meat)
    Optional, but highly recommended, 3 green onions diced small.
    chopped veggies such as blanched broccoli, red pepper, zucchini, mushrooms, etc. (Using veggies will reduce the fat content)
    diced Canadian bacon, lean ham, or crumbled cooked turkey sausage

Add seasoning to eggs, and beat them. Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray a muffin tin (6 large muffins) with cooking spray. Layer the meat, vegetables and cheese, then top with equal amounts of the beaten egg mixture.

Bake 20-30 minutes until muffins have risen and are slightly browned and set.

Muffins will keep at least a week in the refrigerator without freezing. Longer if frozen. Egg muffins can be frozen and reheated. For best results, thaw in refrigerator before reheating. I microwave them for about 60 seconds on medium, then 30 seconds on high. But microwaves vary, so you'll have to test yours.

I love these on the go. I pop it in the microwave while I'm getting my coffee ready and run out the door. I keep cans of V8 around too, so I'll have that with V8 and my coffee in the car.
  • TAMMY_76
    TAMMY_76 Posts: 199
    Options
    here is the recipt for my smoothie

v fusion pomegranate smoothie

1 cup v fusion pomegranate blueberry juice
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    1/2 cup frozen raspberries
    1/2 cup whole frozen strawberries
    1 pack regular flavor instant oatmeal
    2 scoops vanillia ice cream
    1 scoop strawberry whey powder

put in and blend all ingredients in blender

serves 2

calories per serving:266
    carbs per serving:48
    protein per serving:14
    total fat per serving:5
  • ZekeandKyliesMom
    Options
    I love my Fiber Plus bars....definately recommend the chocolate peanute butter and dark chocolate with almond ones. They are always my go to for breakfast..and I usually have them with a yogurt or piece of fruit on the run.

Yum! I love chocolate and peanut butter, I will definitly have to go get some of those.
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I like the Pillsbury Toaster Strudels, Special K Fruit Crisps, Nutri-Grain cereal bars, I will have dry Rice Crisipies cereal (not a big milk fan). I love the Quaker Peaches and Cream oatmeal as well (what is great is it fills you up), or even some whole wheat toast. Also, SmartOnes have some various breakfast frozen meals that are pretty decent.
  • JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal has done amazing things for my weight loss goals. I microwave/eat it when I get to work and it keeps me full longer than anything else.

When I do get up in time I will make a breakfast sandwich for myself:
    2 slices of the 35 cal bread or the 100 calorie Bagel Thins
    All Whites - 100 % Liquid Egg Whites, 1/4 cup (56 gm) (microwaved in a shallow saucer-to make the perfect size egg for a sandwich)
    Kraft - Singles American Cheese Sandwich Slices 2%, 1 slice

It's only 145 calories! Compare that to any pre-made breakfast sandwich out there!