Changed My Goals. Input/Advice Please?

Options
I'm on week 2 of P90X (classic) and my short term goal is to TRY and lose about 3in off my waist by May 9th. Long term goal is to hit 175-180lbs and keep it there.

So I've adjust my daily goals and I just wanted to run them by the community and get some input.

I am 38 years old, 5ft 11in and currently 206lbs with a 41in waist. Not sure if I'm measuring my waist but I get the tape around the fattest part of my gut...about belly button level.

NUTRITIONAL GOALS GOALS
Net Calories Consumed* / Day 1,750 calories/day
Carbs / Day 153 g
Fat / Day 49 g
Protein / Day 175 g

FITNESS GOALS GOALS
Calories Burned / Week 2,750 calories/week
Workouts / Week 6 Workouts
Minutes / Workout 50 mins

YOUR DIET PROFILE TARGET
Calories Burned From Normal Daily Activity 2,350 calories/day
Your Daily Goal 1,750 calories/ day
Daily Calorie Deficit 600 calories
Projected Weight Loss 1.2 lbs/ week

I dropped my daily goal a bit because I felt like I was forcing feeding myself and I was feeling stuffed and bloated. I also made a few adjustments based on research here by other MFPers.

Any input or advice would be most appreciated.

Replies

• neesono
    neesono Posts: 61
    Options
    Made a few more tweeks.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,740 Member
    Options
    I think it sounds reasonable, but only if you're adding your exercise calories on top of that 1750. I entered your info into Beachbody's Meal Plan Wizard (guessing at your height), and it came up with 2400. I think it's simpler to just figure my exercise calories in upfront and not track my workouts, but that's me.
  • neesono
    Options
    Thanks Jilly. I'm 5'11. And I am eating my exercise calories.
  • PJilly
    Options
    Thanks Jilly. I'm 5'11. And I am eating my exercise calories.
    I think you're right on, then. Of course, if you feel like it's too much or too little after a couple of weeks or so, you can always make adjustments. If you're really consistent, it's easier to tell what needs adjusting. Have fun! (I haven't done P90X in a while, but I'm going to start a new round May 2.)
  • neesono
    Options
    Thanks! So far I have a love/hate relationship with P90X. And good luck to you when you fire it back up!!
  • PJilly
    Options
    I can definitely relate to that love/hate feeling! I'm going to do it quite a bit differently this time. I'm going to do it five weeks at a time, alternating with five-week rounds of Slim Series. Each program has pros and cons, but I think they'll balance each other out nicely, AND I won't get bored doing the same thing for 13 weeks at a time.
  • neesono
    Options
    Good idea. I was going to do a second round of P90X, probably Lean. Maybe I should add something to it so I don't get sick of hearing Tony and his crazy chit-chat
  • PJilly
    Options
    I'm going to do a modified version of Lean. Here's my plan:

Week 1
    Monday: Core Synergistics
    Tuesday: Cardio X
    Wednesday: Shoulders & Arms/ARX
    Thursday: X Stretch
    Friday: Legs & Back/ARX
    Saturday: Kenpo X
    Sunday: Rest