1 1/2 weeks in and SOOOOO freaking excited!

Options
So, I just started MFP last Monday and have been using it as a tool with the UpDay DownDay diet. Well let me tell you how motivated I am after I got on the scale this morning.

I started at 209 and am already down to 199.3! I couldn't be happier. Yesterday i had planned on having a doughnut this morning to treat myself but those results are inspring me not to! 10 LBs!!!! YAY! 50 more here I come! :-)

http://www.johnsonupdaydowndaydiet.com/html/how-to-do-the-diet.html

Replies

• gidjet11
    gidjet11 Posts: 86
    Options
    That's so great! Congrats!
  • fulhaus
    fulhaus Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What is the Up day Down day diet?
  • vodkaswigger
    Options
    Thats great, 10ibs is fab, well done, i know you can reach your goals, Im only on day 5 but loving this site and the calorie counter, Feel free to add me, great going, keep it up xxx
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC!!! Congratulations!! :smile:
  • Milt01
    Milt01 Posts: 4
    Options
    WAAAY TO GO!!! I love to hear stories like that :) Keep up the great work!
  • KellyEsparza
    Options
    You GO girl! Woo hoo!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • snowsquall
    snowsquall Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Results on the scale r very rewarding and make u think of better food decisions, good work keep it up.
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I have tried AND FAILED many diets and fallen of the wagon so many times I should be called Lee Marvin :) but I love this App/site I even have bad days and just jump back on.... I've lost half a stone in 3 weeks...

BTW I'm a bloke who never works out and sits in an office all day too.
  • DOTY1
    DOTY1 Posts: 97
    Options
    Yeah what it the up and down?????? :flowerforyou: and congrats
  • angeladryer
    Options
    I haven't started a normal workout yet but I do play sand vball which burns some major calories. I am telling you this diet is the easiest to stick to one I have found yet!
  • angeladryer
    Options
    I have tried AND FAILED many diets and fallen of the wagon so many times I should be called Lee Marvin :) but I love this App/site I even have bad days and just jump back on.... I've lost half a stone in 3 weeks...

BTW I'm a bloke who never works out and sits in an office all day too.

I haven't started a normal workout yet but I do play sand vball which burns some major calories. I am telling you this diet is the easiest to stick to one I have found yet!
  • RatBoyGL
    RatBoyGL Posts: 100
    Options
    What is the Up day Down day diet?

Looks to basically be a diet where you alternate 500 calorie days and then free days to eat what you want (not over eat, but normal calorie levels) with exercise.

Also, for the first two weeks, they suggest you eat prepackaged shakes and bars to ensure you are at 500 calories only on the down days.

Fascinating really.

http://www.johnsonupdaydowndaydiet.com/html/how-to-do-the-diet.html
  • slainger
    slainger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Excellent. But don't get discouraged if you don't continue to lose that much weight every week. 1-2 pounds is more normal, but boy what a kick off to your weight loss!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    How is eating 500 caories a day easy? Sound hard to me?! LOL
  • RatBoyGL
    Options

Well, its only every other day, not every day.

And you do NO exercise on the down days.

But yea, it would still take some huge discipline.

Kudos to the OP for being able to do it.

10 lbs in 8 - 10 days is pretty crazy weight loss.
  • RatBoyGL
    Options
    As a side note, I used the site's calculator to determine my calorie intake.

2406 on up days and then exercise to burn some of that off.

481 on down days.

Man, that would take some SERIOUS discipline.
  • angeladryer
    Options

Well, its only every other day, not every day.

And you do NO exercise on the down days.

But yea, it would still take some huge discipline.

Kudos to the OP for being able to do it.

10 lbs in 8 - 10 days is pretty crazy weight loss.

I won't lie, the down days were/are ROUGH @ 500 calories but knowing that the very next day I can eat what I want is the inspiration! LOL :-) I did make the mistake of playing on my sand volleyball league on one of my "down" days and felt like I was going to pass out! NOT GOOD. They are not joking about not working out on those days. On my down days I have done the diet bars but I have also done things like veggies, cottage cheese, fruits, etc..... :-)
  • angeladryer
    Options
    Excellent. But don't get discouraged if you don't continue to lose that much weight every week. 1-2 pounds is more normal, but boy what a kick off to your weight loss!

yes, i am very realistic that the weight loss wont be this drastic the entire time but I specifically chose this diet to jump start me into taking in less calories.
  • Twinsytoo
    Twinsytoo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump and Congratulations for a successful start!
  • fitkitty1
    fitkitty1 Posts: 56
    Options
    Good job! I looked into this diet too... but I couldnt do it. I workout hard 6 days a week and I think I would pass out on a 500 calorie day! But when I have 2 weeks of no workout I think I'm gonna do it!

Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!